Re: NHL 24 HUT Content 6/28

by vsfn220

Original Post

NHL 24 HUT Content 6/28

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Happy Friday, HUT Fans! Today we see the release of the week 2 NHL Draft  event along with their trade in set and MSPs. Also dropping are the latest Transactions and NHL Awards items. Good luck and have fun, everyone!

Transactions_PlayerContent_June28_HH_854x670_EN.png

NHLAwards_PlayerContent_June28_HH_854x670_EN.png

NHLDraft_HUTHUB_Base_W2_HH_854x670_EN.png

NHLDraft_Sets_W2_HH_854x670_EN.png

NHLDraft_HUTHUB_W2_HH_854x670_EN.png

Aljo.png
Message 1 of 5 (294 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_Aljo 

Kucherov Award Card is not upgraded, instead he has been released again

Edit:

I am aware that the 96ovr Card was for the Hart Trophy
But if Kucherov had been released on Wednesday like the other winners, there wouldn't be two award cards.

Message 2 of 5 (281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@Phasto

I'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to be. I mean his 96 overall Awards card wasn't supposed to get an upgrade because he didn't win the Hart Trophy. I'm pretty sure it's intentional that he got a separate card for winning the Art Ross Trophy.

Edit: I just saw that you edited your comment and you're aware that the 96 overall card was for the Hart Trophy.

I don't quite understand how you think there wouldn't have been two separate cards if the Art Ross card had been released at an earlier date though.

Message 3 of 5 (262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Aljo

The Ultimate MSPs are too expensive. I mean the cost of making a 97 overall Ultimate MSP is 240 event collectibles, which is equivalent to 48 PUCs. That's 11 PUCs more than the cost of making a regular MSP and upgrading it to 97 overall, and yet you're asking for 14 PUCs to upgrade an Ultimate MSP from 97 to 99. It should be 3 PUCs, because we need to pay 11 PUCs extra to get a 97 overall Ultimate MSP.

The positive thing is that the Ultimate MSPs are upgradeable to 99. I mean I was afraid that they would max out at 98, in which case they would have been even more overpriced than they are now, but at least that didn't happen.

I'm also wondering why you made it so difficult to get players for the Draft objectives. I mean we can't get any Draft players from HUT Rush and we can only get one Draft player per week from objectives, and the player we can get from Moments is a power up player so he is more difficult to acquire than for example Pacioretty from the Awards event. And a single unupgraded MSP costs 30 event collectibles.

At least we can now easily get a Draft player from objectives without already having at least one draft player, and we can get more event collectibles from this week's objectives than last week's objectives, and we can also get a bunch of event collectibles from Moments, so you definitely made some improvements from last week and I'm happy about that. It's not as difficult to get players for the objectives as it was during week 1. But I still don't quite understand why we can't get as many event players from objectives and HUT Rush as we normally can and why there is no option exchange a small number of event collectibles for a pack or something like that even when you're asking for as many as 30 collectibles for a single unupgraded MSP. 

As I said, the cost of upgrading an Ultimate MSP from 97 to 99, should be 3 PUCs, or alternatively the regular MSPs should start at 86 and cost 15 event collectibles like the Stanley Cup Playoffs and Heroes MSP.

If the regular MSPs started at 86, then the Ultimate MSPs would need to either start at 94 or require some additional even collectibles on top of the unupgraded regular MSPs, but the point is that it would be a bit easier to get players for the objectives while upgrading the regular MSPs would cost just as much as it costs now. And most importantly, the cost of the Ultimate MSPs would be in line with the cost of the regular MSPs. That's how it was in the previous events that used the Ultimate MSP format (Gallery of Greats and 94 Anniversary), but for some reason in the Draft event the Ultimate MSPs are significantly more expensive than the regular MSPs.

Message 4 of 5 (242 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo

I didn't realize when I was writing my long comment that the Ultimate MSPs are 99 in every stat and give 4 points to each synergy slot. That explains the extra cost to some extent, but not fully, and it creates another problem: McDavid and MacKinnon have buildable cards that are available permanently and are better than their TOTY/TOTS cards. That shouldn't be the case. The TOTY/TOTS cards should be their best cards so they should at least match the stats and synergy points of their Ultimate MSPs.

And by the way, thanks for your response regarding the Awards collectible sets. Those sets haven't been removed yet, but hopefully they will be removed soon.
Message 5 of 5 (225 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help