Re: next golf game ideas.....

by Wildesie

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The key for the next iteration is it needs to be done within a two year wait because the devs could learn the mistakes from current game and incorporate ideas from the community. If there is another 8 year wait like in Rory, the next generation of devs would most likely overlook the issues in the game resulting in another Rory cycle.

Message 21 of 31 (388 Views)

★ Guide

@BuckHasTheBook wrote:

There won't be a next game IMO

This ended up being Rory 2015 all over again

A year of "support" and it's abandoned once more ... and key staff defected to 2K

Sadly, I'm afraid you will be right.

Message 22 of 31 (365 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@-Roasted513- Please explain how you are striking the ball with your controller. Are you rotating the controller or are you using an up and down with the L or R control sticks? If it is the later ... I am surprised that most of your shots do not end up out of bounds.
Message 23 of 31 (232 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@LemonDropKid i use the left stick to swing
Message 24 of 31 (211 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Using just the sticks are the reason that your shots end up flying all over the place. Hold your stick lightly but rotate the the entire controller forward and back. Make sure that your created player settings are selected for normal or aggressive and rotate slowly or more aggressively. I had to angle the controller slightly to make sure that the draw was straight. Watch the drive slot to the right on the screen to make sure that it is straight and does not wander.  The idea of the Play Game above career is that they are the area to practice doing this. Allowing us to repeat a shot is to get it correct. You will now see all your shots going exactly where you want them to go. We can play the winds by just lining them up to the landing spot directly as long as the shot when checked with the Y button does not go through a tree. If it does ... learn to play all wind speeds and directions by altering each one by a number cutting or fading. Also learn to play distances by changing clubs heights when striking the ball. Practice all these things and when you get them or remember them all you can go into Career games and use them. Will be amazed just how much control you will have over all your shots. There is no such thing as this RNG stuff.

I use both my thumbs while holing the controller using my right thumb to lightly hold the right stick. So ... as I rotate the stick moves with the rotation both forward and back.

A quick note regarding putting is that the rotation is half the rate of club rotations.

Hope this helps.

Message 25 of 31 (193 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@LemonDropKid I know how to play, where is this stuff even coming from
Message 26 of 31 (151 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am sure that you know how to play. I asked because you were saying that your shots never end up to where the selected landing mark was set by you. My explanations are the reason why. This 'stuff'' comes from discovering by working on it all. If you are not rotating the controller forward and back to make your shots then you will not get the shots to land on your set target.

I was just trying to give you some insight. You said that you move your left stick back and forth. You did not say that to do that you rotated the entire controller to do that.

So ... if that is already what you are doing, congratulations. If it is not and you wish to have all shots land where you are aiming I suggest you follow my suggestions.

I have been suggesting in the forum all my suggestions since/as I was discovering them. No one ever answered. All they have continued to do is claim the the game is flawed and it should be fixed by PGA Tour this so called problem of RNG. The fix is up to players to find out how to make the shots.

Good luck.

Message 27 of 31 (137 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@LemonDropKid whats the controller have to do with anything
Message 28 of 31 (126 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am sorry that you are not understanding what I am saying.

Picture the controller being held in your two hands with your thumbs on each side. While your left thumb is on top of the Left stick holding it lightly.

Now view your right thumb rotating the controller forward while your left thumb does not. The left thumb holds the Left stick in place making it move smoothly. When you rotate it back your Left thumb  then also moves the stick smoothly. This gives you a perfect swing that lands the ball exactly where you want it.

That's it. If you are just using your thumb or finger to move the stick up and down you never get a good swing. 

Work on it. Good luck.

Message 29 of 31 (97 Views)

★★★ Guide

@LemonDropKid wrote:

That's it. If you are just using your thumb or finger to move the stick up and down you never get a good swing. 

That's not really true.  I use right thumb flick only and have no issues getting good swings and landing the ball close to the hole.

I think her issue is she just doesn't understand that the landing reticle doesn't account for wind/elevation/lie.

Message 30 of 31 (65 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help