i can't seem to purchase dead space from the ea store

by MaYHeMax1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

i can't seem to purchase dead space from the ea store

★★ Novice

i live in pakistan, and i'm having trouble buying deadspace.

i literally used 4 different debit cards, and my brother's credit card, and to no luck.

anybody got a solution to this problem.

it's on sale for 1900 INR, and i would like to purchase it.....

Message 1 of 4 (1,010 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: i can't seem to purchase dead space from the ea store

★★ Novice

it worked, after waiting a day.

i contacted support, and after some voodoo magic and hoo-ha, they seemed to have gotten it working.

i bought deadspace the next day.

the card was being rejected. the next day, i used my brother's credit card and things went smoothly.

i think it was some sort of glitch on the side of the payment processor.

all is well, thanks!

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (926 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @MaYHeMax1, What is the error message you get when trying to purchase Dead Space?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (936 Views)

★★ Novice

it worked, after waiting a day.

i contacted support, and after some voodoo magic and hoo-ha, they seemed to have gotten it working.

i bought deadspace the next day.

the card was being rejected. the next day, i used my brother's credit card and things went smoothly.

i think it was some sort of glitch on the side of the payment processor.

all is well, thanks!

Message 3 of 4 (927 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am glad you got it fixed! It does seem that your case was probably slow process of credit card company - I guess.

I just wanted to tell you that I have on a very few occaisions experienced similar issues (not with EA in fact) and it is permanent.

This is because of a different reason. A few games are region locked, due to pricing, and in my case living in Japan (business)

a few very blood splatter games are censored or banned all together. It is very annoying. The games are mostly from Resident Evil

series.

In some cases the game is simply banned if the developer does not agree to edit their own work! For example RE7 has no decapition scenes

and a few other "disturbing scenes" are not there. Seeing as the developer of Resident Evil (Biohazard) is Japanese they always comply, but

I don't buy any editied games now. My opinion is that I want to see/play the game as the developer intended, not a game with parts cut out!!

So just wanted to say in case it happens again and not resolved after a day. It could be censorship? But the only countries that are "famous,"

for censorship are 1. Germany - very strict!, 2. Japan - it seems almost random and pointless, but it's not really very common.

I purchased deadspace remake at release, but about 9 months later they prevented it's sale. No problem for seller or customer because

it wasn't banned for a while. But now it's simply impossible to purchase in Japan.  At least that's what I read and heard from some very

angry friends who waited and they missed the approx 9 month window.

I can't believe how silly that is. But that's how it is.

Well that will probably never happen to you, but it might be interesting for anyone who reads this thread.

Glad you got it sorted out!!

Message 4 of 4 (910 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help