Re: THE ROAD AHEAD FOR F1® 24

by BCPARSONS-TVX

Original Post

★★★ Guide
@matty0blobber I could not agree more. Honestly if things do not improve going forward with more good content in the store, I will not be buying F125, not a chance!

This has to be the worst iteration of the F1 series so far regarding the lack of in game content.

I feel completely ripped off!
Message 31 of 38 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

For me, who plays with assists, it's horrible, in F1 23 I could play on difficulty 90-95, now I can't pass AI level 75 on most tracks, especially on tracks with long straights, no matter the setup I put on the car, I don't have time to train without assistance, I play a maximum of 3 times a week, I bought the game on pre-sale, and I really regret it.

Message 32 of 38 (567 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any Chance with the 1.7 patch that we’ll be able to select car number 1 when we win the drivers championship?. It’s something we’ve been able to do since the F1 2017 game and I just seems to be forgotten about for this year’s game

Message 33 of 38 (451 Views)

★ Guide

They must think players want this but all I see is a lot of wasted resources. I play single player, prefer my team, and want my favourite helmet and badge back (the stag head). Since I change liveries year to year more liveries would be great. 

I’d prefer to see energy spent on tracks, ability to go longer than 10 seasons, press interviews, paddock rumours about driver transfers in the next year, maybe a record book to see how your career is matching up against the greats. 

The stuff their giving us is just a major yawn. 

Message 34 of 38 (402 Views)

★★★ Guide

F124 is by far the worst iteration of the series by far. The handling model is a complete and utter shambles looking at the amount of negative comments. I don't understand why they have to change the handling every year when there are no regulation changes? Just a small tweak is all that's needed.

3 helmets in the store upon release, oh but we have so many pairs of pointless headphones to choose from!

The engine sounds especially in TV replay are a disaster. The Ferrari on board engine sounds like my vacuum cleaner.

I'm so disappointed.

Message 35 of 38 (373 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It's pretty baffling that any changes to the handling model would be made at all, especially since a typical mentality behind yearly releases is to cut as many corners as possible to meet deadline.  There was absolutely no reason to change any of it from F1 23.  By completely changing the handling model, there's now a whole backlog of physics/handling bugs/issues to work out, when that time could've been spent working on all the OTHER problems with Career, Coop, track inaccuracies, graphics optimization (like, I dunno, having water spray when the track is wet), and the obligatory "various stability fixes" that show up in every patch.

The Career mode updates were the most hyped thing about this game, and all the issues with the handling model AND Career mode take away any real enjoyment there could've been with that mode since launch.  Somehow this game managed to retain all the issues from last year while creating a whole mountain of NEW issues on top of them.  It's a shame that F1 23 was such a good platform to build off of, and now we're stuck with a game that is a giant step backwards (and it didn't have to be).

I know that Community Managers read these posts, and I don't blame them or the dev teams for the state of the game.  I blame whomever the Product/Project Managers were who decided they wanted to prioritize the handling/physics overhaul over making sure that the highly-touted Career mode actually worked the way it was supposed to.  This game needed several more months of development and testing time.  It's embarrassingly obvious that the level of QA done on this game was smoke testing at best.  I wouldn't be surprised if this got released before it even made it to QA, and it was assumed everything would work "well enough" after just doing back-end code reviews.  

Message 36 of 38 (293 Views)

★★ Guide

You say you have passed this feedback on and there will be more content in the future, but where is the update on this? Where is the explanation as to why such a massive amount of content has been removed from F1 23. Why have players been charged upwards of £89.99 for a game threadbare that they can't even give us more than 1 helmet design in the base game, and just 3 dull designs in the store? When will more be added? You charged people £89.99 for a Champions Edition that gave 18,000 pit coin, but nothing to spend it on, and 3 days early access to a pre-patched build. Where are the pre-order exclusives?? a couple of liveries you could only use in Time Trial for the game you just uninstalled? Seriously?? Whoever came up with that piece of marketing genius should be nowhere near that job!

F1 24 was 40% off less than a month after release, too...... As someone who has pre-ordered and bought every F1 game since 2010 to support the series/studio, I honestly feel so ripped off and disrespected and this will certainly be the last time i buy the game unless there is a massive improvement in the next few weeks.

Message 37 of 38 (177 Views)

★ Guide
@iiKIDOi We are getting as many bugs as f1 2023 but we keep buying the game every year !!!
Message 38 of 38 (114 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help