Sims 4 EA App Transfer

by smilelikemiles

Original Post

Sims 4 EA App Transfer

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I haven’t played Sims in a little over a week due to being busy. My game is all good and dandy at the moment but I just noticed that there’s a message on origin stating we must move to the EA app before the end of the year and that’s kinda soon…. 

But I’m not sure how to go about this. I have my sims 4 folder copied into a backup so I have my saves, mods and tray folders ready to go but do we have to convert these files to play on the new app? And if I install this now do I have to uninstall origin and then reinstall all my games on the new app? 

My base game and some DLC I originally got on discs and my PC no longer has a disc drive. I registered those all on origin which is how I’ve been able to play the game but will this actually affect the game appearing on the new app? Or will I have to reinstall everything? I don’t know if I have those registration codes handy. I didn’t get rid of them but would have to rip apart my house and maybe storage unit  to find them so I really hope I don’t have to do that…. 

I feel like this is such an inconvenience especially after all my recent issues with the game that I finally fixed for the time being…. I’m just getting exhausted with all of this. 

can someone give me some guidance bc I don’t know how to go about this without messing up everything I just did to fix my game. 

thanks 

Message 1 of 11 (6,166 Views)

Re: Sims 4 EA App Transfer

Hero

@smilelikemiles 

Basically, you shouldn't have to do anything with your The Sims 4 program files or your user folder.  The game is not affected by changing from Origin to the EA App.  The EA App is replacing Origin, not any of your games.  You should not have to reinstall any of them.  That said, it is a good idea to back up your entire user folder just in case something does go wrong along the way.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 11 (6,138 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you! I always back up anyway and usually for stuff like this I backup multiple places.

but if I download this does it automatically get rid of origin so if I decided to go back to it until I’m absolutely forced to use EA’s app (especially if I have problems) will I have to reinstall it and redownload everything? I spent so much time fixing my game recently so I unfortunately expect issues to arise with my game not working the way I want it to. I know when I get the new EA app it’s going to force updates on me I purposely paused on origin so I’m going to be so upset if my game is unfixable and this app being so new I don’t think the fixes I did for it which were origin based will work the same on the new app….  

Message 3 of 11 (6,132 Views)

Hero

@smilelikemiles 

Tbh, I haven't switched to the EA App yet and still use Origin.  As I understand it, it does remove Origin when you install it.  It can coexist with Origin on your computer, and you can have both installed but you will have to reinstall Origin again after installing the EA App.  But, at some point, Origin will become unavailable, but I have no idea when that will happen though.  I do know some of the other helpers have made the switch and will ask them to post so you can get a clearer idea of what to expect.

As I said before, changing from Origin to the EA App will not affect the games you have on your computer, and you won't have to reload them.  You'll still be able to play them by starting them with the EA App rather than Origin.

Hope this helps.

Message 4 of 11 (6,091 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey, I have a problem. So I changed to EA app, first I was on some weird account, but now I'm on my own account. Just today I wanted to play The Sims 4 so I went to the EA app, it said ''download'' But I already have Sims 4 downloaded on my computer. 

Do you have any idea how to fix this, should I just download it?

Message 5 of 11 (5,098 Views)

@Sieppoukseen  There are workarounds for this, but the fastest way to fix the issue is to simply download the game again.  If you'd like to install to a different location than the current one, I'd suggest using Revo Uninstaller (it's free) to remove the current install first so as not to have duplicate sets of data and conflicting registry entries.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 11 (5,064 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@CGrant56 Since changing to EA I can't find my sims 4 gameplay. I can launch the app but all my saved gameplay is gone. Any help is appreciated
Message 7 of 11 (3,729 Views)

@Saturnn92  Please see the first post of this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-saves-user-content-disappearing-P...

Message 8 of 11 (3,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem. Game is there but not my save files Frown

Message 9 of 11 (3,665 Views)

@Clerry123  Please see the first post of this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-saves-user-content-disappearing-P...

Message 10 of 11 (3,645 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help