Re: Selecting Wet Weather in Benchmark mode crashes game

by Canary103

Original Post

Community Manager

Hey there,

Do you have your onboard Graphic card enabled? It could be a conflict with the Internal and External GPU. You could also try updating the GPU driver or disabling the card you don't use to see if that fixes the conflict issue.

Also, are you running Frame Generation as an option?

-Groguet

Groguet.png
Message 11 of 16 (149 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am playing on a PC with a 12gb Nvidia RTX 4070 graphics card. My processor, an Intel I7 does not have integrated graphics (I assume that is what you mean by 'Internal GPU'). I am running the latest Nvidia drivers.

Not sure what you mean by 'Frame Generation' but the wet weather benchmark mode crashes whether or not I have the show frame rate option on or off.

I still have F1 23 on my PC & benchmark mode runs fine whether I have the dry or wet weather option selected. Whatever I have tried, wet weather benchmark mode in F1 24 does not run.

It is important to note that I am not the only person to have reported this issue. See your forums.

I look forward to hearing further from you in due course. 

Message 12 of 16 (126 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Canary103 

As per your DxDiag you have an integrated GPU:

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 770

If you go to Device Manager (you can access it by typing Device Manager in the search bar) and look under Display Adaptors it should showcase if this is enabled.

Also, could you share your save game with us? This may be useful to understand why your game is crashing:

If you are playing on Steam, you can find the save game location here:
<Steam-folder>\userdata\<user-id>\1692250\remote\

Alternatively, you could also right-click on F1 24 in your Steam library and click on Browse Local Files. This will take you to the game's install folder.

If you are playing on the EA app, you can find the save game location in your Documents folder --> MyGames --> F1 24 --> savegame --> ea --> profile.

It is best to upload your file to Google Drive and then share the link with us. If you don't like to share your save game publicly, feel free to DM it to me instead as well.

-Groguet

Groguet.png
Message 13 of 16 (99 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

Thanks for your latest reply.

I had no idea that my CPU had graphics capabilities. When ordering my current PC I mistakenly thought I had specified the non-graphics version of my CPU.

I disabled the CPU's graphics (which must have been enabled by default as I have never changed this) & the wet weather benchmark mode now works normally for all the tracks I have tried &, presumably, will work for all the rest as well.

I therefore assume that you will not require any further details & files from me?

I also assume that leaving the internal CPU graphics disabled will not cause any problems for me with other programs? Presumably, they will just be available in an emergency, such as my Nvidia graphics card developing a fault?

Thank you for all of your help & I am sorry for having to bother you over this but am very grateful for your assistance.

Message 14 of 16 (172 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Canary103 

I'm very happy to hear that you finally solved the issue. As you assumed well, I don't need any further details or files Wink

Regarding having the graphic disabled, shouldn't affect your PC. It will probably make things run even better!

-Groguet

Groguet.png
Message 15 of 16 (73 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, 

Sorry to bother you again but I have a further problem following the latest patch, 1.6.

I tried posting a bug report but whilst I could preview my message, no matter how many times I pressed 'submit', nothing happened & the message would not go through. I am therefore repeating the message below in the hope that you can please forward on to the appropriate people.

My accelerator on my Logitech G29 is no longer working after installing the latest patch, 1.6.

I am on a PC running the current, fully updated, Windows 11. I have had no problems with F1 24 & the G29 until now.

It is a bug in F1 24 as my wheel continues to work properly in F1 23.

Looking forward to a fix soon.

Thanking you in advance,

Lee Tucker

Message 16 of 16 (37 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help