[Request] Please add inverted x-axis option

by 61dcaaa44f3d468e

Original Post

[Request] Please add inverted x-axis option

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought this on my PS5 and am now regretting not buying it for my PC instead because I can't invert the x-axis. Work most and keyboard I have regular controls, but with controller I always use inverted for x and y. Trying to play without inverted x-axis is incredibly frustrating because I'm fighting against years of muscle memory which just breaks the immersion/ experience. 

Message 1 of 14 (2,219 Views)

Re: Please add inverted x-axis option

Community Manager

@61dcaaa44f3d468e Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and thoughts on changing the inverted x-axis. I do this all the time because of the way I play as well.

We would be happy to pass them on to the team.

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 14 (2,166 Views)

Swapping sticks I can understand but I've just never gotten how players choose to play inverted - Like, I play hockey left handed despite my right side being the dominant one, is it just the same way with you? Did you accidentally start your gaming life inverted and stuck with it? Genuinely curious.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 3 of 14 (2,122 Views)

Champion
@TTZ_Dipsy I've never known anyone that plays with inverted x-axis, but I have always played inverted y-axis, which is just the result of growing up playing flight simulators all the time. There are a few 3rd person games that I play non-inverted, but most games, especially FPS, I definitely HAVE to be inverted. If up = up and down = down, it throws my brain for a loop. Drives my gf crazy when we are switching off on games, haha!

Inverted x-axis though, I don't think I could do that.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

"Play me online? Well, you know that I'll beat you.
If I ever meet you, I'll control-alt-delete you!"
Message 4 of 14 (2,052 Views)

Community Manager

Changing these settings can be rough when you are used to them. I got so used to pushing forward to look forward and back to look up. Swapping all of this is an adjustment to those not comfortable with them but a huge importance in game mechanics when that is how you play. Swapping mechanics can def throw you for a loop though.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 14 (2,050 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This should be included as standard! It’s insulting to pay £50 for a game and not be able to play the way you want to. You can invert either axis on the PS3 version from 15 years ago! Update your game or I’ll be returning it.

Message 6 of 14 (1,907 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This still hasn't been added to the game so I still can't play it.

I not only need X-axis inversion for camera, but also X- and Y-axis inversion for the aiming and sensitivity for the aiming as well.

Could a patch be released that add the following settings:

• Camera X-axis inversion.
  • Aiming X-axis and Y-axis inversion.
  • Aiming sensitivity (also requested here).

Message 7 of 14 (1,421 Views)

Community Manager

@LAN086 Hey, as updates and changes to the game are handled by the games team for each game and not by the CMs over the forums, we really have no control over if or when that happens. The request for this has been sent over to them as feedback, we just have no real say so in these types of changes being implemented but I will forward this on over again for you.

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 8 of 14 (1,418 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Shepard Maybe you need to explain to them that these are essential settings and not having them makes the game unplayable for many.

It's a common issue in games, with camera inversion also affecting something else, such as the aiming (and there not being separate inversion for aiming).

A game completely lacking X-axis inversion is more uncommon, however, so it's surprising to see it in a big-budget game like this.

Separate inversion for aiming is also lacking in Wild Hearts--could you send a notice to that team as well or should I create or bump a thread on that forum?

Message 9 of 14 (1,416 Views)

Community Manager

@LAN086 We forward what the player provides to us so it is explained the way you explain it here.

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Message 10 of 14 (1,405 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help