Re: Progression not working properly for weapons and vehicles (Solo/Coop AI)

by LOLGotYerTags

Original Post

★ Guide
@TTZ_Dipsy Give it time? People paid 100+ dollars/pounds/euros expecting a complete product and what was advertised. Time is up. This is an easy fix to reinstate the progression for AoW Solo/Co-op on the server side, but incompetence is a hell of a thing.
Message 821 of 2,891 (868 Views)

[ Edited ]

I don't really know the specifics of chargebacks as I have never issued one but there are extra fees for the merchants when it happens - I've seen some users complain their accounts were flagged and/or deleted, and with the card itself classed as suspect, you might become ineligible for future purchases.

The Hero program I'm in allows me to directly speak with EA devs and stuff so I have pinged this thread and hopefully you can get a more concrete answer. That said, I'm not an employee and don't know the specifics. Even if I were, I know that EA can't really give definitive ETA's anymore as they are trying to reduce, ironically, broken 'promises' being made. I hope everything is fixed soon though.

It's frustrating, no doubt, that a couple of boost jerks have ruined it for the rest of us, but not allowing them to level up and get OP weapons/attachments is the right call. 
It's a ton of money to spend on a game, can't agree with you more. It's also the launch of said huge multi-platform title, there are bound to be bugs and knee-jerk reactions to them - it's no excuse but we need to find some common ground; the team is working on fixing everything they can.

I've found their new https://twitter.com/BattlefieldComm account to be an excellent source of information

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 822 of 2,891 (833 Views)

Guardian
@DespicableDoz It is similar to doing charge backs on steam, it results in account suspension.

This is because usually the only reason a charge back would be submitted is if the funds were transferred without the account holders permission, They put a block on the account until the issue is resolved internally.. usually by transferring the funds back ( reversing the charge back ).

If you are awaiting a refund, Allow the process to follow due course.

Charge backs as above should only ever be a last resort as the potential for impacting an account is VERY real.

Portal progression is only TEMPORARILY disabled whilst they figure out a way to still award players in solo/co op and portal whilst simultaneously preventing users from exploiting the award system.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Battlelog EN Volunteer Moderator, Coffee connoisseur, Pc Gamer, Modder, Content Creator, EA Gamechanger.
Message 823 of 2,891 (799 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@LOLGotYerTagsmany players paid to be able to earn xp against bots and many players cant do that because people in portal messed up no re allow the damn xp progression or give us our money back i bought the top teir edition and havent been able to play a single match because of the server bug locking people out of the game i bought the game to play it early and i coudnt do it because ea released a game half cocked and broken to all hell we want our money back

Message 824 of 2,891 (777 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@captinrun im just waiting for the false advertisement and almost downright fraud from this company
Message 825 of 2,891 (737 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Give them time....... Sorry but i do not payed to give someone time, or if somene will buy new car, get it home and then seller come and take breaks or wheels and say it need time !!!!! But how long ? ASAP!!!!!! Who will tolerate this? ASAP can be week and it can be half year ...... I do not payed to wait and what i have to do i game where primary point for me was solo/coop ? Play pvp where still got connection issues and lags? Where PP gun is op and guy take me down in 70 meters with it ? Once again, we are not beta testers who payed to look after the bugs ....... So what time ? They have how much time? And noone cannot tell me they dont know about this exploits and anything else, why solo/coop players have to wait for something what should be in game for first day ..... This is realy pain in my *...... 

Message 826 of 2,891 (638 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@LOLGotYerTags Thank you for the reply and I do appreciate it.

Unfortunately I’m not prepared to accept an out o pocket expense for a product that has been modified from its advertised state.

I would not pay for a car that couldn’t accept petrol to run and won’t pay for a game that I can’t play as advertised
Message 827 of 2,891 (589 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How to definite exploit? I dont think they can. You may say yeah, 1hp bot knife xp server is exploit. They just play it for OP attachments. But think about it, people paid dice 90 dollar to play this game. They may dont have enough time to play it but want to get all the contents. DICE dont pay player money to do this, and they have to be allowed play gamemodes even 1hp exploit server because they paid money to do this. In fact some people isnt doing xp farming, maybe they are just playing zombie mode and wish to unlock a little faster by this way. and the server problem. you paid dice money to get these portal servers. the fee should included in the &*&% 100 dollars. and dice should provide you enough server and solve the performace issue, not let you blaming other players ruining their server to solve this. the real problem is they have not enough server, not other players ruining this. in fact, if we dont have xp farming, the server is still not enough. so we should blame on who? the guys running 128 player server? yeah they should play the aow, not abusing portal server. you guys should only play 32 player small server for every player. or you are ruining the game? thats no sense! we shouldnt blame other player! dice should solve this. we can give this time, but more like fix the server not meaningless patches on awarding system.

Message 828 of 2,891 (571 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Some of us paid as much as 125 euro ( 140usd ) to have early access. That's double the price of base game because we loved what we saw and we wanted to play early access and support dice in the process. It turns out what we saw was lies and false advertisement. They disabled progression less than a day in and didnt say a single word to us most loyal customers, us early adopters. Let that sink in for a moment. They completely ruined our early access and instead of talking to us or hell even a apology they decided to retweet big youtubers on twitter. This is INEXCUSABLE. I am so goddamn angry right now when I think about how they treated these people who put their trust in dice and wanted to support them. And now after a week of radio silence and removing threads they post new fixes for the upcoming patch and again not a single mention about this.. And you tell them to wait and be patient? These people deserve better and I really do hope they get their refund sorted out. Shame on you dice how dare you

Message 829 of 2,891 (543 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you Standard smile

Message 830 of 2,891 (800 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help