Re: My EA Account was linked to unknown Steam account

by EA_Mako

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My EA Account was linked to unknown Steam account

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I recently purchased Super Mega Baseball 4 on steam. As I open the game, it required me to log in to my EA Account.
I logged in and there's a message:
Linked accounts found. (my EA account) was previously linked to the Steam account (the unknown steam account). 
Of course I realized it wasn't mine and so I unlinked it right away to make sure there are no other breach into my EA or Steam accounts.

So now I need help re-linking my EA account to my Steam, and it won't let me because it says I can only link an EA account to a Steam account once in its lifetime.
Is there no other way around this, other then creating a new EA account and losing everything from that original account?

Message 1 of 6 (711 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Genriah,

If your account was originally linked with an unknown Steam account, you'll need to reach out to support directly to see if they're able to assist with getting that linked to the correct account.

I would definitely also take a look through these security steps and make sure your account is secure, as this means someone would have had the login information to your account to get that initial link set up.

You can open a new case using the steps on the EA Help website to get in touch with our support team so they can assist further from that point.
Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (706 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Genriah,

If your account was originally linked with an unknown Steam account, you'll need to reach out to support directly to see if they're able to assist with getting that linked to the correct account.

I would definitely also take a look through these security steps and make sure your account is secure, as this means someone would have had the login information to your account to get that initial link set up.

You can open a new case using the steps on the EA Help website to get in touch with our support team so they can assist further from that point.
Mako.png
Message 2 of 6 (707 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I've been trying for days to find a way to reach out to support directly. There's nothing to click to get a chat open, there's no number to call either.
This is why I ended up here in the forums. I was hoping to find a way to reach out to Support directly. 

Message 3 of 6 (701 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Genriah,

What happens when you click the link in my previous post and follow those steps?

Under Game Support, if you select The EA app you should then have a number of options related to managing or logging into your account that you can select to get in touch with support.

Mako.png
Message 4 of 6 (692 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mako I have the same problem please help me ASAP
Message 5 of 6 (190 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @xoxomiti6,

If you're running into the same issue, please contact support using the steps described above.

This is an issue our support team will need to assist with as mentioned earlier, so you'd need to get in touch with them so they can check into this further.

Locking the thread here as it is a bit older and we're unable to make any changes here on the forums, thanks!
Mako.png
Message 6 of 6 (177 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help