Re: EA app for MAC

by FinaGarciaB

Original Post

When will the EA app on MacBook be released ?

★★★ Newbie

Hi! Does Anyone know when the EA app is going to be available for MacBooks? Thank you 

Message 11 of 15 (1,123 Views)

Re: When will the EA app on MacBook be released ?

★★ Novice

@x1b04sjf6qoa wrote:

Hi! Does Anyone know when the EA app is going to be available for MacBooks? Thank you 

Nobody knows... Its been "soon" for close to 6 months... and zero updates from anyone at EA on any sort of timeline since it was first "announced"

Message 12 of 15 (1,021 Views)

Still Waiting for EA App for Mac

★★ Novice

Is anyone else still waiting for access to the app? It's now May and I still haven't been sent any invites or links to download - Origin has been down for months as well so I haven't had any Sims access since February 😭 Not sure why it's taking this long for some players to have access.

Message 13 of 15 (389 Views)

Re: Still Waiting for EA App for Mac

Community Manager

Soon���

EA_LeeuwAHQ

For the English Answers HQ forums:
  • Having trouble with your EA account? Post on the EA Services – General Questions board, NOT the EA app boards.
  • Want to chat about the EA app, share feedback, report bugs, or get help with technical issues? Head over here.
Message 14 of 15 (267 Views)

Re: EA app for MAC

★★★ Newbie

I was completely unfamiliar to the situation. Last time I played was in 2023. Since I have changed to a newer Mac I have been incredibly busy with work. Today due to the holiday I decided to relax a bit and give myself some "me" time only to find I needed to download the new EA App. I say, sure! nice that they have a smoother app now. I download the app, all my games and expansion packs, and make another 80-dollar purchase with 6 new items to play with. Only to find out that the app keeps on crashing when launching the game. 
I go down the rabbit hole trying to troubleshoot, uninstall/re-install the apps/games, clear the cache, re-star my computer, try to contact customer service, 4 hours later I finally can contact someone who I had to explain the issue several times and also refused to view the screen recording until I asked a third time. They tell me there is a bug in the app so can't play right now and they can't re-fund me for the purchases I made today. 4 hrs down the drain in my already busy schedule. I am contacting my bank to dispute the charge. 
Just sharing this incase anyone wants to try to buy anything as of right now. 

Message 15 of 15 (108 Views)