Re: When EA has figured out what Hockey is all about- then I’ll buy it

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

When EA has figured out what Hockey is all about- then I’ll buy it

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

What fumbling dumbflubbers programmed NHL 24 …my word - do these people even watch the game of hockey?

Message 1 of 8 (371 Views)

★ Guide

This franchise isn't about showcasing the NHL

Its about how much currency they can generate by putting out this monopoly sort of game, where no one actually owns anything. Just look at the ridiculous cost of packs  using real currency. $80 for a pack of cards with no actual guarantee that you will get a meaningful card  and in most cases. Untradeable as well. I support your complaint. The staff at EA have lost touch as to what a game should be.

Message 2 of 8 (350 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Watch?>"

They dont need to watch, they have former players on the staff

Can you tie your own skates and tape your blade? 

Message 3 of 8 (330 Views)

@tuckermaine1 wrote:

What fumbling dumbflubbers programmed NHL 24 …my word - do these people even watch the game of hockey?

Why not be specific about the issues you have? 

@dogheels wrote:

This franchise isn't about showcasing the NHL

Its about how much currency they can generate by putting out this monopoly sort of game, where no one actually owns anything. Just look at the ridiculous cost of packs  using real currency. $80 for a pack of cards with no actual guarantee that you will get a meaningful card  and in most cases. Untradeable as well. I support your complaint. The staff at EA have lost touch as to what a game should be.

It's possible to play HUT without spending a single cent. Getting a "meaningful" card is subjective. If a player opens a McDavid but still makes poor decisions in-game, that card is useless. I think much of the grievance coming from HUT players stems from that fact they expect real $$$ to translate to wins. 

Message 4 of 8 (301 Views)

★ Guide

That assessment is unfounded. Ea has made it so  by putting very little regarding quality in their packs. Which we now see  they have made packs in the hundreds of thousands. Those that don't have the coins to purchase, fall into the trap of resorting to actually buying packs. Just where EAs intention has been. As for your thought that people think by buying better cards  results in more wins, is shallow. I believe their true intent is, to better their team to be somewhat more competitive. 

Message 5 of 8 (250 Views)

The real problem lies with players being combined into multiple reward pools, thus lowering their personal odds of being pulled.

High rated cards can only do so much at the end of the day - Someone highly skilled with low rated cards can definitely hold their own against somebody maxed out but with no skill at all

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 6 of 8 (177 Views)

@dogheels wrote: As for your thought that people think by buying better cards  results in more wins, is shallow. I believe their true intent is, to better their team to be somewhat more competitive. 

So.... more wins? Wink

Message 7 of 8 (147 Views)

Community Manager

Games are won and lost based on how you play. Higher overalls give you an advantage, but they don't make up for lesser skill.

Thread locked as there is very little constructive content here.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 8 (139 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help