by IC0NWAR

Original Post

Re: NHL 25 for PC

★ Novice

Correct....

Message 11 of 17 (2,155 Views)

★★ Guide
@RatedxPGxEnigma Uh... all the time on PS5. I'm assuming it's the same on Xbox. You'll see trailers/announcements pop up in the media blocks underneath your cross-media bar. I've also seen advertisements for it on TV before watching NHL games.

Of course, the marketing budget for the NHL series isn't going to be as high as EA's actual money-makers.
Message 12 of 17 (2,089 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Aljo Just IMAGINE if we could mod the game and creates some sick templates for goalie helmets, just like in F1 games.

Wouldn't be crazy? Only possible on PC Wink
Message 13 of 17 (1,895 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The thoughts from social media say it won't be released on PC because of "hackers", but then EA releases all their other major sports titles and it's a non-issue there.

However, I would like to know what metrics EA themselves use on this. They seem to be aware of yearly requests but also have answered somewhere in these threads that there just isn't a market for PC. How do they know? 

The PC gaming scene since their last NHL release (15 years ago!!) is VASTLY different with the digital markets. Hell, they could even cut the cost by releasing it digital only for PC. 

They could try it for a year. if it doesn't work out? Then don't bother with it next year. But they aren't even willing to give PC market a chance.

EDIT: Worried about piracy? Throw in Denuvo. Worried about hackers eliminating HUT costs somehow? Look what 2k does (at least with WWE 2k's MyFaction mode, you can't access it with pirated copy). 

Message 14 of 17 (945 Views)

Community Manager

@evetoyoumwah 

As you pointed out, I don't think hacking is so much the issue as that hasn't been a problem with FC and Madden. 

Unfortunately, I don't have details on the research that has gone into bringing NHL to PC. That's just not something I'm involved in. However, you can be sure that if it were going to be worth the cost and resources needed to make it happen, it would be done. There is so much required that people don't realize. I've detailed that in the past as well. Hopefully, we'll see a PC release at some point though.

Aljo.png
Message 15 of 17 (931 Views)

The only way you are getting an NHL video game on PC is with a different company who is solely focusing on an NHL PC game. Chances of that are extremely doubtful, there hasn't been another simulation NHL video game released that is anywhere near to the level of EA's game since NHL 2K10 and even then NHL 2K10 wasn't on the PC. There is a purely simulation NHL game where you never step foot on the ice but that is more like a front office type game and probably not what you are looking for. 

Message 16 of 17 (916 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

please... i miss this game so much but i haven't owned a console in 5 years

Message 17 of 17 (772 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help