Re: EA Please change this

by 7df81e6108e66429

Original Post

EA Please change this

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

So i’ve been playing a couple hours of NHL 24. The one and only thing i really can’t even force myself into liking is the new ”celly animations” after each goal..

First of all it ruins the feeling to control your players movement after the goal, aswell as the fact it just doesn’t make any sense to get a close up front view of the player as if there would be a camera-man on the ice? Kinda removes the point that it should look like a game you’d see on TV.

Also the way it just suddenly cuts from a birds view to a dark dimmed-out close up just looks strange.

PLEASE (!) at least add an option to disable this feature.. sad to hop on NHL 23 because of a stupid thing like this Disappointed

Or am i the only one? Large smile

Message 1 of 3 (284 Views)

@Zerbeee wrote:

So i’ve been playing a couple hours of NHL 24. The one and only thing i really can’t even force myself into liking is the new ”celly animations” after each goal..

First of all it ruins the feeling to control your players movement after the goal, aswell as the fact it just doesn’t make any sense to get a close up front view of the player as if there would be a camera-man on the ice? Kinda removes the point that it should look like a game you’d see on TV.

Also the way it just suddenly cuts from a birds view to a dark dimmed-out close up just looks strange.

PLEASE (!) at least add an option to disable this feature.. sad to hop on NHL 23 because of a stupid thing like this Disappointed

Or am i the only one? Large smile

There's no way to disable it, but the trick to avoiding seeing this celly is to perform a user-based celebration immediately after scoring. This negates the "tunnel of doom" animation. 

Right after you score, hit LB/RB/X/A/B or LB/RB/Square/X/Circle (PS) to trigger a regular celly and you won't see this sequence play out. works in online modes too. It really helps speed up the flow of the game when you're opponent understands this quirk too. 

Message 2 of 3 (248 Views)

@Zerbeee TOTALLY AGREE!!!

I prefer the original Celly animations!(23 and before)
Message 3 of 3 (158 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help