Re: <sim's name> does not own this item.

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

<sim's name> does not own this item.

★ Novice

Hi,

So my sim was digging outside of their lot and found a treasure map. I foolishly chose the option to 'Place in World' and now the treasure map is outside of my lot and I can't pick it back up because apparently I don't own it anymore.

Only options from shift+click are Set as Head which creates a duplicate but doesn't get rid of the map on the original location, and Reset Object which does nothing. 

Brindleton Bay is already littered with gift boxes and feather piles from the animals living there, I would like to keep my neighborhood as clean as possible. How can I erase this treasure map?? Frown

Message 1 of 4 (157 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
@heirxac13 This can only be done with Mods/cc.

Look into T.O.O.L by twistedmexi if you're not on console. That's the easiest way to get rid of items out in the world.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (109 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@heirxac13 This can only be done with Mods/cc.

Look into T.O.O.L by twistedmexi if you're not on console. That's the easiest way to get rid of items out in the world.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (110 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you Crin, I was able to get rid of the extra treasure map by using the T.O.O.L. mod's commands "Toggle Active Object" and then "Delete Group". <3 I will keep the mod around for when I need to get rid of the animal gifts spread all over the area as well, this is very useful!!

But still I wish the game would NOT allow for this kind of behavior to happen. If I'm not able to interact with an object after placing it in the world, then why do we even have the option there? Frown
Message 3 of 4 (99 Views)

Hero
> If I'm not able to interact with an object after placing it in the world, then > why do we even have the option there?

That is a good question.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (92 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help