Welcome To Game Issues

by crinrict

Original Post

Welcome To Game Issues

[ Edited ]
Hero

Introduction

Do you need troubleshooting help with your game that doesn't have any mods/cc ? Are you unsure if something is a bug or not ?  If so, this is the forum for you.

This forum is for in-game issues for all platforms so if you have a platform specific issue, please use the respective tech forums. 

Basic Troubleshooting steps before posting

Please try the following things before you create a post. 

1. Read the sticky threads in this forum. They might contain info that can help you.
  2. Repair your game through your platform (PC/Mac only). This varies depending if you are using EA app, Origin, Steam or Epic. Always use the platform you're starting the game from.
  3. Delete your cache files (PC/Mac only)
  4. If you have issues in a certain household, test if the same issue occurs with another household (use load instead of resume to test another family)
  5. Test if the same issues occurs in a new save game.

4 & 5 are good info to know. It doesn't mean you need to ditch your current save/family but it's very helpful if you test that before making a post and add the info to your post.

How to post

Any info you provide in your first post, helps speeding up the troubleshooting process. We are volunteers here so it can sometimes take a bit to get an answer. If you already provided the info, the back and forth is being reduced.

1. As issues often have similar symptoms but are not in fact the same issue, it's best to create your own thread with as much details and info as possible (but don't make it too lengthy). This greatly helps with troubleshooting. If something is clearly the same as someone elses issue, your thread will be merged.
  2. Please state your platform and that you are not using mods/cc. This info speeds up the process.
  3. Post what you have already tried before coming here.
  4. If you have an error code and are booted back to the map, please upload your lastException files as well. Delete the ones you have and then trigger the error to see if a new one is created (close down the game to delete). To upload, either create rar file or c/p the content.
  5. Use paragraphs and punctuation marks to make clear what you want to say. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 1 (1,229 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help