[MASTER THREAD] Crashing and Endless Loading

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [MASTER THREAD] Crashing and Endless Loading

Hero
@toots2184 Do you have any stacks of items in your household inventory that you hovered over/tried to delete or did you just let it sit in build mode and when you came back, the game had closed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 28 (592 Views)

Re: Infinite Load Times

★★ Novice

I have this same exact problem on PC. 

Message 12 of 28 (607 Views)

Re: Infinite Load Times

Hero
@Taffia0 I merged your post with the thread for PC/Mac.

Are you using mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 28 (537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am having the first issue on my laptop. ive uninstalled the cache file, scratch file, uninstalled the sims, restarted my laptop and it still wont open. it gets to the white loading screen then crashes onto my home screen.

this problem started when i turned down my resolution, but i have no way of getting back into the game to reset it to normal. i just wanted to fix my game lagging.

i currently have no mods in my folders, nor understand why its doing this. i am not a pc expert, nor really know my way around one very well.

Message 14 of 28 (320 Views)

Hero
@dwaekkilove Try if the game opens if you force it to open in windowed mode.

You can find instructions on how to do this here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/02/start-game-in-windowed-mode/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 28 (304 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi this is happening to me. 

It started when I had mods/cc in my game, but it's still happening since I went vanilla. I did every troubleshooting things possible (including re-downloading my game, etc). I even put the majority of my saves onto an external drive in case I had too many saves? idk. I also uploaded this family to the gallery and tried making a new save where I downloaded them. Still never loads. I can load into build mode of their house and I can load into other houses/families in the world. When I start in another family and then try to switch control to the other family (by clicking on the front door) it still doesn't work. 

A version of this has happened to every one of my saves and I'm kind of at my wit's end. The game just isn't fun anymore, because I can't play. In the past I could make it ~1.5 generations before something game breaking would happen. Since getting Horse Ranch and For Rent, I've made it from young adult - adult and then can't play. I recorded what happens to my sims initially - basically the sims keep animating but can't stop. They are still animating when I press pause, and time continues to pass. Sometimes I can revert to a previous save and make it past that time point, but eventually it happens again, and it reaches a point where reverting to a previous save doesn't work anymore. This is what happened to my most recent save, and now I can't load into their family anymore. I can send a recording of this in game if you want me to, it's just on my external hard drive. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

ETA: It's the Vanilla Barbie Doll family on my gallery

Message 16 of 28 (218 Views)

Hero
@youngcatlady23
Do you have any LastException files in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 ?

Best is to delete the ones you have, then trigger the error and check if new ones are created.

If that is the case, please upload them to a new post in this thread.

Please either create a .rar file to upload or copy/paste the content into your post.

Deleting the file won't fix your issue. Uploading the file is meant for troubleshooting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 28 (196 Views)

Endless second loading screen

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.106.148.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? growing together, high school years, cottage living, cats and dogs, seasons, city living, get to work, get famous, island livng, discover university, werewolves, vampires, parenthood, dine out, laundry day, backyard stuff, my first pet, toddler stuff, romantic garden and blooming rooms.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know...
What happens when the bug occurs? The loading screens become infinte when I click to resume my game.
What do you expect to see? I want to play the Sims normally without the infinite loading screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't know why this happen but everytime that I open the game and I click to resume the loading screen becomes infinite and the plumbob never stops moving, Other thing it's that every time that I want to go to the sims I need to log in again although I put that the login was not removed. I spent about 40 minutes waiting for it to load and nothing. So, when I saw this, I removed all my mods and started the game again and started my game, the same thing came out, then I removed the cache, the localthumbcache and the options, the same thing, also I repaired the game but nothing. I don't know what to do anymore, the only thing I want is being able to play the sims normally again.

Message 18 of 28 (209 Views)

Re: Endless second loading screen

Hero
@igna7512 There's several reasons why this is happening. I merged your post with the main thread for now to determine the cause.

Please check the first post for some info

Use the load button instead of resume and see if the save loads this way. If it does, test other lots than your regular family to see if they load.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 28 (167 Views)

Re: Endless second loading screen

★★ Novice
@crincritico I already do that and it doesn't worked
Message 20 of 28 (151 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help