[MASTER THREAD] Crashing and Endless Loading

by crinrict

Original Post

[MASTER THREAD] Crashing and Endless Loading

[ Edited ]
Hero

Introduction

Crashes and endless loading can have many causes and therefore usually need troubleshooting. There are a few known issues which can usually be found in the bug forum. Check the compiled list for any known issues.

To help you get faster help, please check the guide where best to post for your particular issues. It depends where in the game you have issues so posting in the right spot, speed up things.

For more information on crashing on, please check out this thread:  [FAQ] Sims 4 Crashes (PC) (the thread is a bit dated but still valid in it's core) or Mac Crashing

When troubleshooting your save, make sure you work on backups. Always keep an extra copy of your houses/Sims/.. safe somewhere.

Where to post

If the tips below don't help, create a new thread in the tech forum of your platform and provide your specs: PC, Mac, Console

If you have endless loading on console, please use this thread: [XB/PS] Endless Load Times

Game crashes/endlessly loads before main menu

Game crashes randomly

Usually best to create your own thread in the tech forum of your platform (see links above)

Game loads endlessly when trying to load a save game

• Remove all your mods and test without them. Details here: PC, Mac
  • Check the current Broken/Obsolete and Updated Sims 4 Mods thread in Game and Mod issues for known Mods/cc that crash the game or cause endless loading.
  • Use the load button instead of resume and see if the save loads this way. If it does, test other lots than your regular family to see if they load.
  • If none of the families load, create your own thread for troubleshooting in game issues or post here in this thread.
  • If it's a certain lot(s), see below.

Game crashes/endlessly loads reproducible when loading a certain household/lot

• Remove all your mods and test without them. Details here: PC, Mac
  • Check the current Broken/Obsolete and Updated Sims 4 Mods thread in Game and Mod issues for known Mods/cc that crash the game.
  • Move out the family and test if you can visit the lot or enter in build mode when it's just the lot. Also test your family on a different lot/save
  • Sometimes the game throws lastExceptions while you trying to load. These give give an indication on what's broken. Provide them when creating a thread.
  • If your game crashes when trying to load a certain unoccupied lot, especially in build mode and for buildings that worked before Patch 1.103.205/184. please use this thread: Endless Loading/Crashing when trying to load a certain lot
  • If your game crashes because of a certain family, please provide them in the gallery and create your own thread for troubleshooting in game issues or post here in this thread

The map doesn't load and stays a white screen

• If it never worked and you are using T.O.O.L or other mods, make sure you have the newest version of those mods.
  • If it worked and stopped working after you placed a lot in that particular world, please use this thread: [OPEN] Lot in World corrupts - Map doesn't load anymore

The game goes back to the map when trying to load a household

This behavior has multiple causes. You can read more info about it here:  Loading a family just reloads the map. Most of the time you will get an error code but sometimes it just reloads the map. In most cases the game throws a LastException.

• Search both the Bug forum and Game/Mod issues if your error code already has a thread. The first two parts of the error code are relevant (For example 102:a0adad34). If there's a thread, check for solutions and if you need further help, post there.
  • If you don't find a thread or you don't get an error code, create your own thread and post the LastException thrown (you can find the file in your documents folder. To upload create a rar file to upload or copy/paste the content in spoiler tags to your post).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 29 (6,480 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB/PS] Endless Load Times

★★★★ Novice

Hello, i’m having the exact same issues, i’m on PC, my game is updated on the last version, i’ve got all of the packs, and i just can’t do anything, i do have the main menu appearing after the first loading screen and after this, when i’m trying to enter my save…

Message 2 of 29 (4,975 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [XB/PS] Endless Load Times

Hero
@FabioSimmer I moved your post over to the current PC master thread. There are multiple reasons and the one you posted in was for console specifically.

Please read the post above for more info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 29 (4,955 Views)

Re: Endless Load Times

★ Novice

As of 1/21/24 I'm having this issue it's been about 2.5 weeks. It was to the point where I deleted all of saves and it still kept doing it even with a fresh download/files. Before it would just freeze on the pumbob screen, unmoving. Now it's loads smoothly, captions and words flow well but it will continually spin and generate captions, anyone found a a solution?

Message 4 of 29 (4,862 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope it's happening on PC too

Message 5 of 29 (4,896 Views)

Hero
@MaryStudios I moved your post over to the current PC master thread. There are multiple reasons and the one you posted in was for console specifically.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 29 (4,868 Views)

Hero
@pizza_obsessed TO be sure, you're on console ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 29 (4,819 Views)

★ Novice

Mac!

Message 8 of 29 (4,799 Views)

Hero
@pizza_obsessed I moved your post over to the current PC/Mac master thread. There are multiple reasons and the one you posted in was for console specifically.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 29 (4,783 Views)

Re: [MASTER THREAD] Crashing and Endless Loading

★★★ Novice

I am having this issue specifically in build mode.  I have no issue in live mode. I have literally tried everything; nothing fixes.  built for an hour and it crashed when I stepped away for five minutes.  

Message 10 of 29 (3,662 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help