by TinyDancer189

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Pulsating Shopping Button

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well looks like I'll be switching to ParaLives in 2025 when it comes out! If EA can't out-shine the new game by then!

Message 71 of 582 (855 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am getting migraines. I have epilepsy-like symptoms and this is triggering them. Please, I already have all the Sims 4 DLC. I do NOT need this button that interrupts my game and makes me sick.

If this isn't remedied veery quickly, I will have to stop playing . . . which means I will not be buying anymore Sims stuff in any of the systems or platforms.

Message 72 of 582 (838 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@madcatz75Don't forget "Life By You" (more info coming March 20th) or "InZOI" (releases late 2024)...I honestly have not been following these games very closely, but this new feature finally soured this once-loyal Sims franchise fan (been playing since the beginning, in 2000). I hope the powers that be (EA execs/shareholders) take note of this thread, very very closely.

Message 73 of 582 (808 Views)

Re: Pulsating Shopping Button

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Cade This is not a bug and you know it, this is an awful feature and it is actively causing issues for many players, myself included. Please remove this "feature" altogether.
Message 74 of 582 (795 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@madcatz75 Ofc they don't, they only care about serving EA's mandates at this point.
Message 75 of 582 (787 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh i fully intend to not buy this new pack even though I was very much looking forward to it. I’ve been angry woth EA for a long time already. Im disabled living off disability and a long time sims player back to the original game and this is just plain unforgivable of EA to have so little consideration much less that its clear their paying (yes paying customers) are beyond angered and upset but such a thoughtless money grubbing action on EA’s part. 

Message 76 of 582 (949 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm just like everyone else here, I have ADHD and this flashing button is triggering my migraines which, fun fact, I don't get the headache part of the migraine, I get severe eye pain and see flashing lights because the optic nerve starts to freak out as a result of the migraine. This also tends to affect my vision for hours later, causing me to have extremely low vision even after the migraine has disappeared. 

I don't believe that this is a "bug", the flashing shopping cart is a feature designed to get people to click on it, playing on human psychology and triggering an "investigation" response within the brain. It is a despicable marketing tactic and should be scrapped immediately.  

Message 77 of 582 (936 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just remove it. this is so predatory and disgusting behavior on the companies side. dont test it dont track it just put in that its not a good feature and its not going to go over well and no one wants it so removeit.

Message 78 of 582 (931 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

FYI if you want your customers to keep buying stuff remove the button! HEED MY WARNING

Message 79 of 582 (915 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I want it removed entirely. I purposely do not own certain packs for specific reasons. I refuse to click on it, only for the packs I do not even want to be suggested for purchase. We already have the packs suggested on the main menu, so why have it pushed during gameplay? This feature just makes me want to go back to playing Sims 2, so I don't have to deal with the in-game advertising.

Message 80 of 582 (889 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help