Why does the EA app not have a Gift option?

by Rialike

Original Post

Re: CAN you buy someone a gift on the EA app

★★ Apprentice

Right, it's "working as intended" because they don't want EA Play people gifting their discounted games to people anymore.  What a bunch of nonsense.

Message 50 of 97 (3,233 Views)

Gift

★★★ Newbie

Hi EA!

I got sent a gift that was a Expansion pack to the Sims 4. i didn't get any notification and when i try to open the gift on my E-mail i just get to a website that say install the EA app witch i already clearly have… i have tried so many times! And nothing works. I have tried to find something on the app but haven't found anything.. we sent you guys emails and got the same answer every time and didn't get any help! so please help me now! We have used money on this! So if you cant figure it out then please help us get our money back at least.

Message 51 of 97 (1,020 Views)

Re: Gift

Community Manager

Hi @vanessamirajens Can we try going through the steps listed here?

Games and extra content you’ve received
  1. Click your profile image in the bottom-left corner of Origin.
  2. Select EA Account and Billing to go to the EA Account Settings portal.
  3.  Click My Gifts. You'll only be able to see this if you've gotten a gift.
  4. Your unopened gifts will be at the top and your opened gifts at the bottom.

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 52 of 97 (963 Views)

Let us gift games

★ Novice

Let us gift games on EA. 

I no longer have access to Origin so I can't gift games to my family anymore 😭. They're mostly on welfare and pensions so their only way to be able to play with me is gifting or specials. I've enjoyed being able to build my father's game library through gifting but I can't anymore. 

You'll earn more from sales this way so I don't see why not.

Message 53 of 97 (770 Views)

How can i purchase a pack for a friend?

★★ Novice

The Origin app used to have a drop down menu where you can choose to purchase for a friend, even if you have the pack already. Ever since it AUTOMATICALLY SWITCHED (i didnt want it!) to the EA app, theres no longer that option. How can i purchase for a friend? This is ridiculous!

Message 54 of 97 (1,567 Views)

Re: How can i purchase a pack for a friend?

Community Manager
Hi @Ancheelah,

Origin for Windows is no longer available and is no longer supported. The EA app for Windows is indeed your go-to platform for PC EA games.

Unfortunately, at the moment, a Gifting feature is not available in the EA app. However, we appreciate your feedback about this matter.
EA_LeeuwAHQ

For the English Answers HQ forums:
  • Having trouble with your EA account? Post on the EA Services – General Questions board, NOT the EA app boards.
  • Want to chat about the EA app, share feedback, report bugs, or get help with technical issues? Head over here.
Message 55 of 97 (2,490 Views)

Re: How can i purchase a pack for a friend?

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Ancheelah The entire EA App is a joke, it hasn't worked since day one, and good luck being able to access offline mode or playing older games because it's nonexistent to the pre-alpha launcher that's been forced on us.
Message 56 of 97 (1,363 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey @EA_Leeuw,

There's actually something that's broken. It still hasn't been fixed. Origin had a feature that the EA app does not, and there's no way to work around it.

It's great that the feedback has been forwarded. Maybe it's time for some results.

Message 57 of 97 (2,813 Views)

★ Novice

i suppose it worked 
and thats very smart

Message 58 of 97 (2,774 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @SecondSkratch,

Please see my previous message in this thread.

Thanks.
EA_LeeuwAHQ

For the English Answers HQ forums:
  • Having trouble with your EA account? Post on the EA Services – General Questions board, NOT the EA app boards.
  • Want to chat about the EA app, share feedback, report bugs, or get help with technical issues? Head over here.
Message 59 of 97 (2,681 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help