How to disable EA App/Launcher Opening/Appearing when I close EA games

by Ibeleive104

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to disable EA App/Launcher Opening/Appearing when I close EA games

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Whenever I close an EA title after I am done playing it, usually via Alt + F4, the EA app opens/appears. How would I disable this, so that when I close or alt + F4 out of a game nothing opens as a result??? I downloaded all of my EA games through Steam, if that helps. If you are a dev, remember that NO ONE NEEDS MORE LAUNCHERS. If you could help me that would be nice.

Message 24 of 55 (2,005 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to disable EA App/Launcher Opening/Appearing when I close EA games

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Ibeleive104 you can't they want to force you to look at their storefront again. it's a "feature" apparently that they aren't interested in fixing.

View in thread

Message 25 of 55 (2,402 Views)

All Replies

how do i stop ea app opening when i open or close a game

★ Apprentice

Everytime i open or close a game it opens ea app and its really annoying and no other launcher seems to do it even the legacy and better desiged origin desktop had an option to disable this.

Message 1 of 55 (8,265 Views)

Re: how do i stop ea app opening when i open or close a game

Community Manager
Hey @SaltyAussie,

I am not exactly sure what you mean with every time you open or close a game, it opens the EA app. Are these EA games, coming from the EA app? Or random games, from different launchers?
EA_LeeuwAHQ

For the English Answers HQ forums:
  • Having trouble with your EA account? Post on the EA Services – General Questions board, NOT the EA app boards.
  • Want to chat about the EA app, share feedback, report bugs, or get help with technical issues? Head over here.
Message 2 of 55 (8,248 Views)

★ Apprentice

Its an ea game in the ea app, specifically mass effect le

Message 3 of 55 (8,244 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It means ea app not stay minimized in tray after exiting game like EVERY NORMAL application, but opens main window. Found bat file somhere at forum forcing stop all ea processes and services and run it every time after closing games - in some casess ea app is much worst than origin(((

Message 4 of 55 (8,231 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah i want the app to stay minimized

Message 5 of 55 (8,216 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@kurator84 @SaltyAussie, cheers for the explanation.

When I launch a game via the EA app, it automatically minimizes de app and puts it in the 'Show Hidden Icons' section of the taskbar. When I then close the game again, the app reappears.

This doesn't work for you? Or do you mean you'd like it not to work that way and that you would like to have options?

EA_LeeuwAHQ

• Having trouble with your EA account? Post on the EA Services – General Questions board, NOT the EA app boards.
  • Want to chat about the EA app, share feedback, report bugs, or get help with technical issues? Head over here.
Message 6 of 55 (8,201 Views)

★ Apprentice

I would like the same feature that origin has where if i start the game from a shortcut ea app doesnt open for no reason and re open again after i close the game. This being a toggle called show origin after gameplay.

I dont know why there are still important features missing like this missing from the replacement for origin because origin is still better than the ea app.

Message 7 of 55 (8,190 Views)

Community Manager
@SaltyAussie, I, I get you now! Cheers for the feedback. I will make sure to pass it on to the teams. Standard smile
EA_LeeuwAHQ

Message 8 of 55 (8,188 Views)

The EA app

★★★ Novice

The EA app starts running whenever I close out a game from the app, how do i stop this its hella annoying

Message 9 of 55 (7,976 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help