[UPDATE] DA:I Multiplayer Friend Invites Not Working Since August 2023 on EA app

by Matullon

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[UPDATE] DA:I Multiplayer Friend Invites Not Working Since August 2023 on EA app

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Hi

I am new to Dragon Age Inquisition, and I am trying to play multiplayer with a friend (both on PC).

We are always getting the same error message "there was an error joining the game". I have Search for solutions online, tried VPN, Port forwarding, checked game integrity... Nothing seems to work. If I try a quick match, it connects me to a random game without issues, but when I (or my friend) create a game, we are not able to play together... I haven't really found a real solution online.

I have searched the EA forums as well but without success. It is only happening in multiplayer, and only when I'm trying to connect to a game with a friend. Or, when I am hosting a game and my friend is trying to connect to my game, he becomes the same error as well. If I try a Quick Match, there is no issue with connecting.

Do you have any solutions to this issue? Do you have any cases like this that have been successfully resolved?

CM edit: edited title for clarity.
Message 3 of 61 (6,525 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon age inqusition private multiplayer error

Community Manager

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello everyone,

We apologize for the delayed response. We want to assure you that we are aware of the Multiplayer issue impacting Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Our teams have been diligently working on this issue, and it appears they have been able to resolve a portion of the Multiplayer service. This means that players within the same region should be able to play together once again. However, the Multiplayer feature is not yet operational for individuals attempting to play from different counties (cross-region). This is an issue our team is still actively investigating.

Thank you for starting this discussion!

EA_LeeuwAHQ

For the English Answers HQ forums:
  • Having trouble with your EA account? Post on the EA Services – General Questions board, NOT the EA app boards.
  • Want to chat about the EA app, share feedback, report bugs, or get help with technical issues? Head over here.

View in thread

Message 6 of 61 (5,718 Views)

All Replies

Unable to join game in multiplayer

★ Novice

My friends and I have been playing DAI multiplayer for a while and now can't get in. I've managed to join a random game in "quick match" so I know the servers are working... but when my friends and I try to join each other's games we get hit with "there was an error joining this game. Please try again later". We've all tried repairing our games, too, but the problem persists.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any advice?

Message 1 of 61 (6,231 Views)

Re: Unable to join game in multiplayer

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Apologies I know folks wanted an answer in the replies, but this is also happening to us and my friends on Steam.  We can join public games and host public games, but cannot join our private games.  Same exact error as well that you reported.  Is there a way to link the thread to a support ticket or something to get more traction on this?

Message 2 of 61 (6,087 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Me and my friends also started to have this issue. I contacted EA support today and got an answer: "I would like to inform you that the game is sunset and we cannot support that game anymore. At the same time it costs 40€ on steam. What we have tried:

- Repairing the game.

- Reinstalling the game.

- Deactivated Firewall on PCs temporarily

- Cleared EA Play cache.

Multiplayer works if you use public side and your friend joins that. However, other people might end up joining as well so you might have a situation where you'd have to kick someone out, or your friend actually can't fit in.

EDIT: Got another reply. Apparently they are doing something for it.

After reviewing your case, I came to know that you are facing issues with Dragon Age Inquisition Multiplayer Issue.
I will do my best to help you with the issue.

I just consulted your case with our game team regarding your issue. Please first of all, accept my apology for the inconvenience caused.
I have checked the details the issue that you are facing is something which we're already aware of. We're receiving similar reports from other players around the globe.
Good thing is that this has been brought into the notice of our game team and they are diligently working to fix it as soon as possible.

We will be waiting for your response.
And please feel free to contact us back if you need any other assistance.
Thank you once again for contacting EA. Stay safe and have a good day.

Message 4 of 61 (6,409 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Clubadi, 

I was wondering if EA was ever able to help you with your private connectivity issue.  My son & I have been having the same issue, and we seem to only be able to play public games.  If you have a solution, I would love to hear it.

Thanks,

OTR

Message 5 of 61 (6,113 Views)

Community Manager

Under investigation. Accepting as solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello everyone,

We apologize for the delayed response. We want to assure you that we are aware of the Multiplayer issue impacting Dragon Age: Inquisition.

Our teams have been diligently working on this issue, and it appears they have been able to resolve a portion of the Multiplayer service. This means that players within the same region should be able to play together once again. However, the Multiplayer feature is not yet operational for individuals attempting to play from different counties (cross-region). This is an issue our team is still actively investigating.

Thank you for starting this discussion!

EA_LeeuwAHQ

For the English Answers HQ forums:
  • Having trouble with your EA account? Post on the EA Services – General Questions board, NOT the EA app boards.
  • Want to chat about the EA app, share feedback, report bugs, or get help with technical issues? Head over here.
Message 6 of 61 (5,719 Views)

Re: [AWARE] DA:I Multiplayer Friend Invites Not Working Since August 2023 on EA

★★★ Newbie
@Matullon Ive had this issue for MONTHS. I even bought the game for several friends. There is no desire by the company to find a solution to this issue. They are willfully pushing their consumers away. If you want to play multiplayer, you'll have to find a different game. Maybe by a game company that enjoys people playing their games? I would pick this game back up in a heartbeat AND recommend to my friends if we could play this together. So sad with all this potential and no desire.
Message 7 of 61 (5,310 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hello there, 

It is now March 2024, and this issue persists even with people in the NA region. I am assuming this issue has been left at the bottom of the pile. Any word on a possible fix, or at the very least confirm there is no intent to fix the issue?

Message 8 of 61 (4,136 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried to play DA:I today, can't even invite a friend to join. We tried both creating public lobbies and searching for the lobby but no joy. Can't invite friends to ME3 co-op either. I'm sure there were reasons to move from Origin to EA Desktop, but surely the intention wasn't to break all multiplayer functionality in key games? Is this the same issue as last year, or is this new?

Message 9 of 61 (4,135 Views)

Community Manager

@dstrawberrygirl It is something the team is aware of and working on getting updated. The invite is affecting more than one game or was at one point and not just DAI. Once they push an update you may see the game update but it may happen on the backend. 

Once we have an update after that is pushed out to players we will post an update for everyone.

Cheers!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 10 of 61 (4,125 Views)