Re: SOLVING THE PROBLEM with disappearing DLCs for Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition

by dhansell

Original Post

SOLVING THE PROBLEM with disappearing DLCs for Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This will be a very long post. Explaining everything, both the disappearing DLC ​​and problems with connecting to the game.
I have spent the last two weeks clarifying these issues. Because I've had the same problems since Dragon Age 2 and through the inquisitions. I managed to eliminate one of them in Dragon Age 2.

I talked to several consultants during this time. We broke down the problem into atoms. I finally managed to get rid of all my problems.
This post is intended to help people like me who love Dragon Age games.
Let's start from the beginning.

1. Problem with entering the game/Sync:

Both if you buy the game on Steam and EA APP, the game starts from the same source, EA APP.

If you have a message about the constant Preparing to start the game and a bar that flies around and the game does not want to start.

This is caused by a synchronization problem with the EA APP, you need to enter the EA APP settings by clicking the three dots in the upper left corner of the screen
Now you click help. Application Recovery--> Clearing the cache. (I would like to point out that I have EA APP in Polish, your names of individual sections may be slightly different, I simply translated what I have into English)

You wait until the end and reset the EA APP. The problem with synchronization and saving games in the cloud has been solved.

If this does not help, you need to set your Dragon Age game to Run the game as an administrator.
In the task manager, every time you exit EA APP, manually close everything related to EA APP.
Restart the EA APP and launch the game. The second or third time.
EA APP will recognize the game and ask you whether to run it in administrator mode. You agree and enter the game.

2. DLC in Dragon Age 2 not working? What to do?

First of all, you must be logged in to your EA APP account inside your game. If you don't do this, even installing add-ons won't help.

If you remember your password and can't log in because it takes you to a website that no longer works. This was my case, I logged in with the correct email and password, but the game did not log me in. You must contact a consultant at https://help.ea.com/

Go to the dragon age 2 help section, select a topic, I can't log in. And choose the option to connect with a consultant via chat. They will verify your account and refresh everything. You will be connected to your account within the game. From this moment. DLC for Dragon Age 2 worked for me.

3. No Animations and Voices in Dragon Age 2 DLC:

Once you have access to the DLC in Dragon Age 2, you notice that there are no voices or animations.
Go to the website: https://help.ea.com/pl/help/faq/dlc-for-classic-games/
You download each add-on manually.
You download the 7 Zip program because ONLY with this program you will do it correctly.
In the main Dragon Age 2 folder, create a new folder called "plugins"
Open the file of the downloaded add-on using the 7-zip program.

Now copy the files from the plugins folder or $Pluginsdir and unpack them in the plugins folder you created. YOU ONLY DO THIS ONCE. There is no need to copy the same files for each add-on.
Now you usually have two more folders, for example $2.
when you enter this folder you have a folder with the add-on. for example da2_prc_one, from this folder, and it is in every add-on downloaded from the website, copy the files to the addins folder, find the folder with the add-on and copy the files, for example:

Origin Games>Dragon Age II>addins and click on the proper folder. For example, if it's Legacy go to Origin Games>Dragon Age II>addins>da2_prc_drk. Then extract the content.
And this one step must be repeated for each DLC.
You can enjoy the DLC in Dragon Age 2

4. Not working saves and dlc in dragon age inquisition

This problem will be complex, I've been struggling with it all week, but I managed to solve it.
so when it comes to saves in profiles, which are often several years old and do not want to be loaded.
We have two solutions:

First solution, you can't load your saves because you used any mods while playing.
You need to uninstall the game using Revo uninstaller. Uninstall all files on your computer related to Dragon Age Inquisition.
Then use CCleaner and clean up any registries. it should work.
Go to your save directory (Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age Inquisition/save) and delete the . DAS file with the latest date (this is the only one that is corrupt and prevents the game from seeing the rest). Launch the game and the Continue option will be available again (you've only sacrificed the most recent file).

5.Dragon Age Inquisition DLC not working:

Uninstalling or installing the game does nothing. The game doesn't see your DLC, so you can leave it alone.
Check the integrity of the game files. Run the game in administrator mode. You will clear the cache in EA APP.
In this case, I talked to three consultants from EA.
On the EA Help website.
One of them confirmed that he refreshed my add-ons, connected and disconnected, it might have helped.
However, I forgot that add-ons start only after reaching skybound and I took one more step:
I bought the game on Steam because it is on sale for 4 Euro and there I went to the properties. In the dlc option. I unchecked all dlc. They got uninstalled. I checked them again and they installed again. ONLY ON STEAM YOU HAVE THIS POSSIBILITY ON EA APP, YOU CANNOT REMOVE DLC SEPARATELY

Remember that before reaching Skybound, only the Black Emporium DLC will be displayed on the map
After reaching skybound and the first fight with Corypheus, all Inquisition DLCs have been working for me since yesterday.
I'm incredibly happy about it, after a few weeks of struggle I managed to remove all the problems.
I hope I can help someone with this post

P.S.
Yes, I know that there is also a Nexus Mod option with replacing the Profile Options file, but this forces you to play Offline, not transfer game progress and often play again without any saves from previous games. This mod didn't work for me.

Message 1 of 2 (176 Views)

Re: SOLVING THE PROBLEM with disappearing DLCs for Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@kamisguzo Thanks for the very detailed post; however, telling people that the fix is to buy DA:I GOTY on Steam when they may have access through a subscription service like EA Play or Game Pass PC, or received the game as a giveaway from Epic, isn't a fix at all.

Message 2 of 2 (156 Views)