No DLC access in the EA app

by brontidally

Original Post

No DLC access in the EA app

★ Novice

I've owned DA:I since it came out and bought the DLC as they came out. Didn't play for a while and recently got the urge to pick the game back up. When I installed the new EA app and booted up a new save, I thought everything was fine... until I tried to get to the Black Emporium and realized it didn't show up anywhere. I've tried repairing the game. I've tried logging out and logging back in so the game knows it's connected to my account. The EA app says I have all of the DLC installed. (Though it took me a while to find where those even were.) I cannot for the life of me figure out what's wrong.

This is a vanilla save, too. No mods, no nothing. Just the game launched through the EA app while everything is all connected. Why the heck can't I use any of my DLC?? This is super frustrating. I spent a lot of money on those.

Message 1 of 7 (539 Views)

Re: No DLC access in the EA app

@brontidally 

So you say all DLCs are not working, despite they are shown as installed, not just the "Black Emporium"?

Please provide a screenshot of the EA app add on section of DAi.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Isaac Asimov
Message 2 of 7 (492 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi am new here anybody help to do

Message 3 of 7 (386 Views)

Community Manager

@RihaanParth What specifically is it that you need help with?

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 7 (372 Views)

★ Novice

I also have this problem. I'm a member of Xbox Pass Ultimate which includes the EA Play - so DA:I and the DLC were all included for free. Now that I finally got the game to actually start (whole other problem I fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the EA app); it's saying that I cannot continue my game because it's missing all the DLCs that I downloaded but they show as installed in the app. 

Attached screenshots is proof that I have said items installed. 

Message 5 of 7 (316 Views)

Community Manager

@annavaldez71 This typically happens when the DLC is not owned, or installed, or the install path doesn't match the game install or launching install.

Try the following:

I uninstall the game first. You may not need to as I know it is a hassle.

Navigate to C:\Program Files\EA Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\DLC

Delete all of the DLC folders in this section

Make sure that the Xbox app/EA app/Game are all installed in the same drive. I use an SSD and HDD so I have to manually change this.

Launch the game again through the Xbox app or EA app

Go to manage games

Install all add-ons again

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 6 of 7 (265 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@brontidally @RihaanParth @annavaldez71  Fix for this was discovered by the community years ago. There is no official fix from EA and there probably never will be. Fix linked below. If link is deleted just search Nexus Mods for ProfileOptions. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/3779

Message 7 of 7 (153 Views)