M★RZEC - Man[ager] with a Mission

by Danimal5981

Original Post

Re: M★RZEC - Man[ager] with a Mission

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

SEASON 2: 2024-2025.

New club, new chances, new story Standard smile Wikipedia page has been UPDATED!

240527.png

Message 71 of 100 (255 Views)

★★★★ Guide

240528.png

Message 72 of 100 (246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

240530.png

Message 73 of 100 (235 Views)

I'm not a stranger to switching clubs during a CM, but I've never done it so early before. Two or three seasons in must be the earliest I've done it, as I would probably have felt it more convenient to just start over with the other club in your case.

That said, this only makes it more interesting to follow this story, bringing something completely new to the table. Kudos for this change, hope it will be enjoyable for you.

Message 74 of 100 (215 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I literally got offered the job at FCSB and when I saw them only several points down in second place, I thought: why am I struggling in 3. Liga when I could be fighting for Champions League?'

So, right before signing, I saved the game and I split scenarios: 1) go to FCSB, 2) stay at Bielefeld and wait for something better, or 3) pick up either in Bielefeld after simulating through March 2024.

I didn't like scenario 1), I felt 3) was unrealistic, but every day more opportunities came by that had my interest: AZ Alkmaar (but I would be going back to Netherlands, been there done that), Lech Poznan (same story) and then came Bordeaux, which I've had on my mind for a veeery long time. And the fact that they had to remain another year in Ligue 2 convinced me. So here I am Standard smile

Message 75 of 100 (211 Views)

★ Guide

I like a story that bounces around. It keeps things fresh and adds more storylines going to new leagues. Smart choice with the new club, I had no idea so many teams in France have won the league that often.

Message 76 of 100 (206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

240720.png

Message 77 of 100 (188 Views)

★★★★ Guide

240721.png

Message 78 of 100 (181 Views)

[ Edited ]

Some way to start the pre-season with a 6-0 defeat vs QPR, if I read that right. Awful. Good job getting clean sheets in the following two games, I suppose.

Interesting signings, I've enjoyed having them both in previous careers. And fun little wordplay to introduce them.

Luca I've signed primarily due to his last name, I have to admit. Hopefully he'll add more than a bit of PR value for the club. And I do like the family link to his father's old club. Hadn't given that a thought myself until now.

Loca used to be a go-to striker for me actually. I remember signing him more than a few times in past careers. Sometimes I signed him in a backup role, and sometimes he arrived to be the main option up front. I know he also plays as a winger from time to time, but he's too big for me to play him out wide. Having travelled a lot in his career, hopefully he'll now settle at Bordeaux.

Message 79 of 100 (176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@JustinCase0110 wrote:

Some way to start the pre-season with a 6-0 defeat vs QPR, if I read that right. Awful. Good job getting clean sheets in the following two games, I suppose.

Yes, you read that right. And contrast to belief: it was actually a very even game up until 2/3 into the second half. But my goalkeepers were just bloody awful - your two main options are a slow, veteran Swede, or a Pole without talent. The alternative are three French youngsters on goal, but two of them are in their final year of contract (not using them, but selling them) while the third is really young: he has a long term deal and will be out on loan.

Up front, much of the same. Some wingers are fit as striker, but they have finishing skills inferior to my 9 year old daughter. The actual strikers in the squad miss either skills, strength or speed. The ones that aren't home grown can leave, while original club players can go out on loan mostly.

So, the signing of at least a goalkeeper and a striker were indeed priority. Apart from that, a fairly evenly balanced team (all between 69 and 73 OVR). The pre-season games gave me a good impression what needs to be added to this squad and I'm confident I'll make another handful of decent signings.

Message 80 of 100 (171 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help