Career of Joshua James

by Stlducks4

Original Post

Re: Career of Joshua James

★ Guide

@JustinCase0110 I was wondering about that. Reading about their season last year, they were leading but then finished second at the end. What was the reasoning for the change in manager? I could not find anywhere that said why they switched.

Message 11 of 72 (624 Views)

I'm not entirely sure, but it was a decision that the old head coach Flemming Pedersen was entirely on board with. In fact, I believe he was also the one to suggest the change. Maybe he felt he was getting old and wanted to spend less time on the sideline? This combined with the club having huge faith in the young Hoff Thorup, also being in a club that focuses so much on developing youth. So I understand many things in the change. Just not the timing.

Message 12 of 72 (623 Views)

★ Guide

Score results.png

scores.png

Match news (1).png

Message 13 of 72 (620 Views)

Firstly, I gotta say you're spot on with the shortening of club names. It's VERY common in Denmark to use these, especially with OB and AGF, who are never called anything else. Then there are the FC's, FC København, Midtjylland and Nordsjælland, they are more comme ci comme ca, sometimes named the short one and sometimes used the full name. But rarely without the "FC" in front, actually. The rest is usually referred to as their city's name; Brøndby, Vejle, Viborg, Silkeborg, Lyngby, Hvidovre and Randers, but BIF or VB is used sometimes as well.

Speaking of Randers FC, there's actually a good story to tell. Brøndby played RanGers FC in the Europa League a few years ago, and some Scottish fans went to Denmark, only to find out they'd accidentally bought tickets for Brøndby's match against RanDers FC later the same month, haha... Please stop me, if I'm spamming your thread here. I enjoy this outside focus on the Danish league for once Wink

On topic. Great start with the win vs Copenhagen. Lerager is a big goal threat, which this year's Champions League group also showed. Oliver Villadsen doing well, he's also one I could imagine moving to a bigger league at some point, having been a regular at right back for quite some time.

Message 14 of 72 (618 Views)

★ Guide

Don't worry about spamming the thread, I enjoy the extra information and stories. That's hilarious about buying the wrong tickets, sad for the fans but it is funny in hindsight. I keep wanting to call them RanGers as well, Randers will take some getting used to. 

I have been looking up teams as I play them. Trying to learn the names, abbreviations and key players to watch. 

Message 15 of 72 (614 Views)

★★ Guide

Is this likely to be more of a journeyman career? I do like doing those and wanna get one for myself going again?

Message 16 of 72 (611 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Stlducks4 I've used Oliver Villadsen a few time in the last couple of years. He develops well in the game but seems to quickly get touchy if he misses a game or two. Gets a bit of a pain, to be honest...
Message 17 of 72 (598 Views)

★ Guide
@thurlow885 I have not decided yet. The plan is to win as much as I can in Denmark but if the option to move up comes then who knows?
Message 18 of 72 (591 Views)

★ Guide
@CO88LER5 Haha good to know. Fortunately for him, he's the best RB on my squad by a lot so he shouldn't be sitting too often.
Message 19 of 72 (589 Views)

★ Guide

Score results.png

SCORES.png

Ingvartsen is back and cannot stop scoring!

Marcus Ingvartsen was the Danish league top scorer in the 2016-17 season before departing for Belgium and then Germany. Now, back where it all started, Ingvartsen is back to scoring ways for FCN. A slow start to the month finished with Ingvartsen scoring back to back hat-tricks including three in the derby against Lyndgby.

Ingvartsen is now leading the league with 7 goals in 7 matches. The best match of the month was against Brondby, the best attack (FCN) was going up against the leagues best defense. Brondby's defense was showing why they are the best for most of the match until Andreas Schjelderup had to leave the game with an injury. Ibrahim Osman came on in his place and scored a long distance goal that hit the bottom of the cross bar before going in. That goal sparked the struggling FCN attack to go on and score 9 goals in the next two matches of the month.

Coming up in September, FCN have three league matches and the first European Conference match. FCN have been drawn in a group with Fenerbahce, Cork City and Aberdeen.

table.png

Message 20 of 72 (569 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help