Re: Two accounts same computer

by HeltonRi

Original Post

Two accounts same computer

★★★ Newbie

My husband and I both have games on our own EA accounts. When logging in to the computer on my account, the EA app won’t launch saying ‘the EA app is already open’. 
This happens even if my husband is logged out of his EA account on his own computer account. 

to resolve I have to log in to his account, log out, switch back to my computer account and then log in to the EA app. 
Otherwise I have to log into my computer account, then restart the PC and log in again. 

Question: how to get the EA app to work on two accounts on the same PC? To clarify, we have our own EA account with our own games. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Running into the exact same issue, is there a solution to this other than closing the EA app altogether? Seems a bit like lazy development to not allow the app to be open in different profiles despite different EA accounts being used.

Message 2 of 7 (1,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same issue. No other game service app or program in general that we are using have such problem. I hope they fix it.

Message 3 of 7 (1,423 Views)

★ Novice
I have this problem too, I have separate windows accounts for each of my younger siblings on the family computer. When one user is logged in (in the background) the current logged-in user can't open EA App, it just says it's already open. I will say Steam works perfectly fine on multiple user accounts, so they figured out a way to make it work. EA needs to fix this.
Message 4 of 7 (1,268 Views)

★★ Novice

You have to redownload the EA launcher for each profile. and if it says its already downloaded hit the fix button it will install it on the new Window Profile account enabling you to launch the games!

Message 5 of 7 (1,200 Views)

★★ Novice

You have to redownload the EA launcher for each Window Profile .. It will pop up saying this has already been installed on your computer hit the fix button and it will install it on your profile this will enable the launch!

Message 6 of 7 (1,199 Views)

★ Novice

I tried to download and repair, but unssuces!

Still opening only in one Windows user. 

Maybe need to do some different instructions ?

Message 7 of 7 (254 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help