Re: Gallery full of potentially gamebreaking builds since For Rent

by seeurock55

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I also experience these problems. I want to play the game, but it is not possible because something keeps breaking. Error on error. I want to create my perfect save, but the game prevents me from doing so. These errors occur both in the game with and without mods. Both on old and new saves.

I hope the developers will finally fix this game and take care of the broken buildings in the gallery. Buildings that are infected with this bug should at least have markings that would allow downloaders to bypass them or download them at their own risk. Something like this.

Message 11 of 29 (647 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Are we going to get a clear answer on this issue? I have been avoiding the gallery and for rent as a whole for 6 months! Is the gallery safe? If not will there be action taken about it? Are older saves with older rentals save too? Like what is going on!

Message 12 of 29 (571 Views)

★★★★ Novice

unfortunately the problem still exists. I experienced immense trouble since I bought the for rent pack a few days ago. I thought after all the time the worst bugs should be fixed with this pack but I was wrong. The Gallery is absolutely not usable for me anymore. I started a whole new game after my current save became unplayable and I cant place nearly any house of the gallery because after that it will be impossible for me to leave the lot or the game crashes. Even if I check the date of them (before or after for rent) for me it does not make a difference. I placed very old builds from the gallery and they did the same issue. I stopped playing cause of this because after wasting so much time to check every house over and over again but even if it worked in first place suddenly Im again not able to leave the lot. I hope so much that it will get fixed soon! For me the whole game is not playable anymore

Message 13 of 29 (494 Views)

★ Apprentice
I thought I was the only one who noticed this! I didn't use the gallery for months after losing several saves, when I realized that the problem was downloads from the gallery! I made a new save without a single download and I don't have any bugs in the game, zero! I tested it again with a new save, I just downloaded several random batches from the gallery and guess what? the game was completely damaged. I feel really sad that I can't download batches from the gallery and now I'm afraid to put anything in my game. I remodel and do all original construction.
Message 14 of 29 (443 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Actually insane there is no answer to this

Message 15 of 29 (415 Views)

★ Pro

Is anyone here experiencing this bug WITHOUT For Rent installed?

Message 16 of 29 (392 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same issue without for rent installed. But it started to happen to me after updating when the for rent patch was released. It would be nice if it were acknowledged, at the very least. 

Message 17 of 29 (316 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes I can also confirm this bug occurs with and without the For Rent Pack installed. Which leads to tye conclusion that the For Rent Patch is the main culprit. 

Again, it would be amazing to get a statement on the “bug fix” as I am also still having problems with builds from the gallery. I am mostly able to work around it but one of the main triggers is placing a build from my library and/or changing the lot type. I got the For Rent Expansion a few weeks ago (needed it for a custom save file) and nothing has changed still having the same problems but it didn’t get worse.

So yeah, test the builds in another save first, place from the gallery directly and avoid changing the lot types (placing a residental lot on a spa vice versa).

Hope we get an update on this or some improvements with the next patch Heart

Message 18 of 29 (282 Views)

★ Guide

The new laundry list has been released and after 7 months absolutely no indication this will be fixed. Supposedly 60 bugs are being fixed but not this? My game is still completely unplayable, EA this is not okay.

Message 19 of 29 (176 Views)

★★★ Novice

I must be getting more and more comfortable with the idea of letting my Savefile go ig. - some lots are constantly crashing. These contain no CC, my savefile is completely without CC. And I've just finished populating all the worlds with new families. I'm only missing Willow creek. So much effort and all for nothing. Well, a limited chance to play and saving every 2min - hoping not to lose anything if another lot i don't know about yet crashes.

Message 20 of 29 (127 Views)