Re: EA app unistalling stuck

by fknhurg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA app unistalling stuck

★★ Novice

Whenever I try to unistall the EA app to reinstall it, it's just stuck at the almost end and I can't do anything about it. Because of that I made the situation worser and now my EA app is half broken, how do I unistall it without it just stuck unistalling? Do I have to do something before unistalling?

Message 1 of 5 (2,803 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Ninja_Xdyter,

Are you seeing any error messages pop up when trying to uninstall the EA app?

If you haven't already had the chance, I would definitely try restarting your system before attempting to uninstall the app again, just to clear up any background processes or resources that may be in use and interfering with this.

Beyond that please try clearing the cache of the EA app to see if that helps out. Note you'll be able to do this even if you're currently having trouble launching the app itself.

Mako.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,792 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Ninja_Xdyter,

Are you seeing any error messages pop up when trying to uninstall the EA app?

If you haven't already had the chance, I would definitely try restarting your system before attempting to uninstall the app again, just to clear up any background processes or resources that may be in use and interfering with this.

Beyond that please try clearing the cache of the EA app to see if that helps out. Note you'll be able to do this even if you're currently having trouble launching the app itself.

Mako.png
Message 2 of 5 (2,793 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have cleared the cache attempted repair, This app is horrible I am never buying another EA Game because of this APP!

Message 3 of 5 (2,687 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@tokinkosh I have a similar issue. My EA app stopped working, so I tried to install and reinstall, but it WON'T UNINSTALL. It sits for a minute as if it might, but it then it just goes back to the Add/Remove Programs window, and of course, the EA app is still sitting there! I wouldn't care but I have some games that require that App to work AAAAAARRRGH!! I feel your frustration!!!
Message 4 of 5 (1,125 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue, booted up PC today. App wouldn't launch bar keep loading forever. Tried to run repair it error-ed, tried uninstalling and same issues failed and hung on last 10%. 

Something went wrong... The EA app encountered and error and couldn't finished installing. Retry for days...... and nothing.

Message 5 of 5 (261 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help