Betreff: Why need i to login every time i will into EA app

by MetalReaper97

Original Post

Re: [INVESTIGATION] EA app for PC & Mac Fails to Remember "Keep me sign

★ Apprentice
@KilleBees Thank you, KilleBees.

I used to do what you suggest...forgot about it... and read your post minutes ago.

Went on the EA site, logged in, untrusted the device, signed out.

Launched this "superbly coded" app, authenticated and voilá. Solved.In my case, no need to uninstall and reinstall this app.

Message 331 of 337 (591 Views)

Why need i to login every time i will into EA app

★★★★ Apprentice

Every time I want to access the ea app, I have to log in

plesse ficed it

Message 332 of 337 (552 Views)

Betreff: Why need i to login every time i will into EA app

★★★★ Novice

In my Case i tried @KilleBees method and Untrusted all devices... but it kept fail to login. So my solution was to change my login and instead using my EA ID i used my Phone Number and password. And Bang.. It's finally working and i can start EA without this login Fail :D 

Maybe this step is working for you too guys. ^^

Message 333 of 337 (507 Views)

Re: EA app for PC & Mac Fails to Remember "Keep me signed in" Opti

★★ Guide

The "Keep me signed in" feature seems to be working quite well, even without requiring the 2-factor workaround with the most recent client version (13.246) and changes to the login services. I'm curious if anyone still having issues with this?

Message 334 of 337 (392 Views)

Re: EA app for PC & Mac Fails to Remember "Keep me signed in" Opti

★★★ Newbie

Click Untrust for the affected PC?

Shame that your suggestions aren't even related to the issue users are facing.

I mean, users are wanting your EA APP to keep them logged in.

Firstly in order for this to happen, users need to login via your website, head to account settings, security settings and then trusted devices. From there users then need to select their device that they're using and then add it to the trusted device list.

But that becomes pretty much impossible when your website isn't even displaying your device in the list, only devices listed are those you've already added to your trusted device list.

What's really concerning is that this is something so important, yet decades later EA STILL FAIL to fix it to this day.

This isn't exactly complicated, you either need to fix you code that's supposed to be detecting your EA APP or simply remove it, because relying on something that doesn't work in itself shouldn't be relied upon especially when its relating to paying customers account security and accessing their account/information/purchased content.

As it stands STILL for over a DECADE, are still having this problem.

Either opt in for far simpler means of 2FA, or STOP trying to track/trace/link users and devices the EA APP is being used by their IP ADDRESS because you're already failing to do this, never mind other factors users may have in place as means of security, yet your solution to them would be to turn said feature off. And why should users be vulnerable because you can't fix something that is very simple.

Auto log in, I mean come on EA, its not hard.

Simply alter your sites code that processes users account information so that the EA APP will generate a unique serial code for every single device as a means of identifying it , have your websites user account, security settings section, have it actively looking for users unique ID serial codes and/or allow users to copy/paste their unique user ID serial code for each single device and hit save.

That way, you are directly telling your system exactly what it needs to identify to sync/pair/authorise to enable it to automatically log in, if enabled to do so.

It would also make it far easier and less complicated if you STOP trying to automatically detect what the device is or what program is being used as this too should be something very simple, yet be possible causes as to why we STILL have this problem DECADES LATER.

It is completely irrelevant to have your system trying to detect this information, easy solution REMOVE IT, simply have it mandatory for the user to provide a name for each device that they want to add as a trusted device. I mean, its not exactly hard nor complicated for the user to simply put in MY PS5, MY XBX1, MY PS4, MY PC.

It just takes the mick that not only does this issue remain unsolved for decades, support in here has EA employees failing to even understand the basics of what the user has said, fail to openly admit knowing this is in fact an error at your end. Your website itself doesn't even link to anything related to adding trusted devices when clicking the link you clearly provide to users to click to learn more, you redirect the user to a completely irrelevant page.

Then blame the user when your site has nothing on the subject of adding trusted devices not working thus preventing users from having your very own EA APP created by EA from simply allowing users to auto log in.

You claim its the user who hasn't typed anything thats correct to find any results.

You also make it nigh impossible to just simply raise a support ticket, having keep sending the user around in circles having to only be capable of clicking issues that you force that only ever keep re directing the user to the same generic FAQ pages that have nothing to do with, nor have any solution to the issue the user would by far find it not only simpler and much faster if you simply allowed them to type up their issue and hit send.

All we see for fact is how much effort EA have gone to, to make everything more complicated than needed for users/customers, this support forum is just as bad with EA employees as mentioned above or simply respond to users repeating the same information by copy/pasting from the FAQ.

But surely by now you'd have thought someone in EA is going to fix this now, so users are able to use your EA APP and have it remember users login information and when enabled, have the EA APP automatically log/keep users logged in.....

But nope, I am also one of many that again are finding that the site doesn't allow us to add any devices to the trusted list, and the EA APP keeps forcing us to log in manually every single time.

Message 335 of 337 (281 Views)

re login after two day EA pc app lost connected account

★ Novice

every two days i have to re login EA PC not keeping my acount and i have to reconnect every  two days i need help the funny thing is that i login the next day is ok when i open the app but the next day is lost again

Message 336 of 337 (257 Views)

Re: re login after two day EA pc app lost connected account

★★ Guide

Is this still happening after updating to the latest version? (the last release is ver. 12.253)

Message 337 of 337 (176 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help