Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA App Install Error "Installation Timed Out"

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The EA app
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post) n/a
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Application Installer
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 7/14/23
Summarize your bug I recently tried to install ea app after uninstalling it and now it doesn't seem to work.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? download it on my pc :P
What happens when the bug occurs? CANT INSTALL THE EA APP
What do you expect to see? TO HAVE EA INSTALLED

After having a permission error not able to play Battlefront 2. So I went to properties on EA and gave full permission on security then reverted it back to the default setting. Still didn't fix the permission error bug. So I decided to uninstall EA app then reinstall it. However, trying to reinstall it I keep getting an error that says "Installation timed out". I've tried clearing any files related on my %localappdata% and also tried repairing any Microsoft Visual C++ files and still doesn't work. Also, the links for the desktop that's in msi I keep getting an error as well. Also, the whole running in admin for the app and in users didn't work. The errors are below. Please I just wanted to play Battlefront 2 and Battlefield games. 

(cm edit - updated thread for tracking)

Message 1 of 8 (2,070 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: EA App Install Error "Installation Timed Out"

★★★★ Novice

I was getting the same error, too, but I found a fix for it! Here's what I did:

1. Open File Explorer
  2. In the address bar, search for %programdata% which will take you to the ProgramData folder in your local C: disk
  3. Within the ProgramData folder, find the folders EA Desktop and Electronic Arts
  4. Add the characters bk (which stand for 'backup') to the end of each folder name: EA Desktopbk and Electronic Artsbk
  5. Return to your File Explorer address bar and search for %localappdata% which will take you here: C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Local
  6. Within the local app data folder, find the folder Electronic Arts and folders with EA in the name: the ones I had were named EA Desktop and EALaunchHelper.
  7. Again, add the characters bk to the end of each folder name: Electronic Artsbk, EA Desktopbk, and EALaunchHelperbk
  8. Try to install the EA Desktop App again.

I found this information from this video here (at the 1:40 time stamp). I hope this works for you, too!

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (1,779 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Ebicgamermoments Hey, wanted to follow up and see if you were able to get the EA App Installed?

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 8 (2,021 Views)

★ Novice

No Frown

Message 3 of 8 (1,912 Views)

★★★★ Novice

1. Open File Explorer
  2. In the address bar, search for %programdata% which will take you to the ProgramData folder in your local C: disk
  3. Within the ProgramData folder, find the folders EA Desktop and Electronic Arts
  4. Add the characters bk (which stand for 'backup') to the end of each folder name: EA Desktopbk and Electronic Artsbk
  5. Return to your File Explorer address bar and search for %localappdata% which will take you here: C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Local
  6. Within the local app data folder, find the folder Electronic Arts and folders with EA in the name: the ones I had were named EA Desktop and EALaunchHelper.
  7. Again, add the characters bk to the end of each folder name: Electronic Artsbk, EA Desktopbk, and EALaunchHelperbk

I found this information from this video here (at the 1:40 time stamp). I hope this works for you, too!

Message 4 of 8 (1,780 Views)

★ Novice

DUDE THANK YOU SO MUCH THIS WORKED!!!!! I just thought today about seeing if any replied to the months old form and you helped me an hour ago. THANK YOU! MAN!!!!!! NOW I CAN PLAY SOME BATTLEFIELD!!!!! :D :D :D 

Message 5 of 8 (1,768 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Awesome! I'm glad it worked!

Message 6 of 8 (1,720 Views)

Community Manager

@RegalRingmaster wrote:

1. Open File Explorer

Thank you for posting this. Happy to see that this has worked!

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 7 of 8 (1,718 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please can someone help me?

did anyone fixed this installation timed out error? i keep getting it.

i dont even have any EA folders in programdata to rename bk.

i tried everything. new windows account. VC++ uninstall an reinstall.

Date and laguage change with system locale. Turned off the firewall too.Deleted previous origin folders .

it will be a huge favour if you can help me here. its been days now i cant install this EA app.

Message 8 of 8 (316 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help