APEX GAME FREEZE ALL TIME

by Janus301

Original Post

Re: Game freezes after new mid-season update (Lobby)

★ Novice

I have same issue. the game freezes on menu only. so if i manage to enter a game and keep requeing from mid game after dying, I will be able to play for hours without any issues.

It's just when im on the menu afk it freezes and can't do anything until restarting.

and also happened with latest update, had no issue before that

And in task manager it shows that my GPU is at 0% usage 

I have

cpu: i5-4590S

gpu: 1050 ti

Ram: 12gb

Message 41 of 113 (978 Views)

APEX GAME FREEZE ALL TIME

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Janus301
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. LST
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. The game freeze 20 seconds after starting the game
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. just wanted to enter the game
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? the game freeze
What should be happening instead? the game shall not freeze
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? do the latest update

I tried to fix this issue for 2 hours now: windows updates, grafics update, repair the game, delete cache, remove registry entries, nothing helped

Message 42 of 113 (355 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As the OP of this technical problem, this has worked for me, but ONLY if all of the settings have been turned ON or HIGH, the moment I switch back or de-grade them, game freezes. This is still a serious error in Apex, and it's quite shocking that no matter if this post / request is very hot and important, the support ticket is still open, and the hotfix (which is not much work to be honest - if some of us know and others suspect what the problem is). I won't close this topic, or accept this reply "as an answer" so the topic can stay hot and so devs can be alerted, and since it has worked for me but apparently not for everyone, the problem persists. I'll copy paste the solution that has (TEMPORARILY - RESPAWN THIS DOES NOT MEAN IT IS FIXED) worked for me so others can try this! Thanks to the owner of the possible solution for your time and help!

*Possible Fix*

As soon as you enter the game go into your video settings and use these options.

Sun Shadow Detail - > High
Sun Shadow Coverage - > High
Spot Shadow Detail - > High
Dynamic Spot Shadows - > Enabled.

Dynamic spot shadows being enabled seems to be the most important one*, change that first and see if the issues resolves.*

Message 43 of 113 (955 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Photograph_EA will this also resolve my fps dropping by 20 everytime before update i was at a stable 120 no matter what but now it goes to 100 from 120 and back
Message 44 of 113 (945 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same bro, same issue, game freezing after every 20 seconds after the update. Respawn stop finding new ways to earn and for God Sake fix your * game else everyone gonna leave. 

Message 45 of 113 (937 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It doesn't work, just tried it and im still lagging and almost crashing.

Message 46 of 113 (930 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Photograph_EA Same as every season when they roll out a mid-season patch, but this time it's a total freeze and not just an FPS drop. Need to Ctrl+alt+del twice to get out.

It's been a week now i can't play the game and I've given up trying to fix * EA will just break in a few days, it's literally every season now. We have to wait until they fix their horrible patch.
Message 47 of 113 (903 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This works for me. Thanks a lot!

Message 48 of 113 (846 Views)

★★★★ Novice

okay so I use the video config file for my settings cause i play with streched res so whenever i change something in game it screws up my strech res so I always use the config file if I'm correct these are the settings but in config language 

"setting.shadow_enable" "0"
"setting.shadow_depth_dimen_min" "0"
"setting.shadow_depth_upres_factor_max" "0"
"setting.shadow_maxdynamic" "1"

After switching the 0 with 1 and starting my game it still says disabled only the maxdynamic setting responds to the 1 the rest stays on disabled or low
how do I fix this?
Message 49 of 113 (737 Views)

★★★★ Novice

nm I just unchecked read only and changed it through the game and it did not mess up my strech res and also it worked thx bro

Message 50 of 113 (725 Views)