Game freezes after new mid-season update (Lobby)

by Photograph_EA

Original Post

Re: Game freezes after new mid-season update (Lobby)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

sebashooter said :

"

They broke something.

Before, every time I updated or reinstalled the Nvidia driver, I had to wait a moment before being able to play while the map cache was processed.

Now I can immediately jump into the game, but the maps are processed while I play, my old cpu is at 100% while I play."

It's funny how some comments here describe EXACTLY (word for word) the problems i have actually in Apex.
I can describe what I observed in 3 parts :

1) exactly what sebashooster says here !... same difference about how fast Apex compile the shaders (after new Nvidia driver as after deleting shaders cache) and top high CPU usage.

2) After that... my game freeze most of time in the lobby.

3) At last... on the rare occasions when I've managed to launch a game, i had a terrible lag i never seen before in Apex that make the game unplayable.

Message 51 of 111 (683 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue but I am going to try out some of the solutions in here, otherwise I don't know what to do because I really just want to enjoy some games with my friends.

Message 52 of 111 (1,100 Views)

★★★ Novice

image_2024-06-29_195228295.png
Hey, I tried this and it seemed like it worked in the beginning. Lobby was stable. I queued up for a match and finally found one, chose my character and when we were about to load into the dropship, WHAM... I am stuck on this screen. It's at least a step forward. The fact that the community have to troubleshoot like this just to be able to use their product is insane. They better extend the event cuz this is ridiculous. It has been days and there is no official reply, even with almost 100 people on here telling them this is an issue. Literally just tell us you are looking into it at least, come on. 

Message 53 of 111 (1,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@r3pshow It worked. 

If you are using autoexec, then change these settings:

Dynamic Shadow:
shadow
_maxdynamic "1"
Spot shadow details:
shadow
_enable "1"
shadow
_depth_dimen_min "64" (low=64, ultra=256)

Video Config:

"setting.shadow_enable" "1"
"setting.shadow_depth_dimen_min" "64" (low=64, ultra=256)
"setting.shadow_maxdynamic" "1"

These changes worked for me ❤

Message 54 of 111 (1,064 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Photograph_EA im having the same issue it keeps freezing and crashing i can't play or click anything
Message 55 of 111 (1,040 Views)

★★★★ Novice
"setting.shadow_enable" "1"
"setting.shadow_depth_dimen_min" "256"
"setting.shadow_depth_upres_factor_max" "2"
"setting.shadow_maxdynamic" "4"
THIS FIXES THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 56 of 111 (942 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@deadlyKuba Thank you ! worked for me.
It still seem like a "big temporary bandage" as i still have unusual huge lag in game... but at least, i can access games.
I still hope for a real fix patch from Respawn. This last update is really terrible.
Message 57 of 111 (920 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Mootos yeah my fps are messed up aswell
Message 58 of 111 (915 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have experienced similar issues.
here are a few solutions you can try:

1. Enable 'Dynamic Shadows' in in-game video settings.
2. If you have R5 Reloaded installed, go to Users (on your main drive), then find your pc name, then Saved Games, then Respawn, then you'll find 'Apex-fnf'. Cut the file and place it in a different folder before launching Apex. You can put it back in saved games before launching R5 Reloaded.

3. Try playing Apex at different times of the day, like during school hours, or around midnight, as you may just be experiencing lag due to server congestion.

Message 59 of 111 (907 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi everybody! I'm here to say that i've been struggling with this issue since i've downloaded the latest update. At first i thought that this issue has something to do with my hardware or smth. I've tried literally almost everything, even the most ridicuolus things, nothing helped me, everything was happening in the same scenario: 1) I launch the game 2) click countinue 3) 5-20 seconds and my game is dead. It seems odd untill i've tried to clear the folder storing at "%userprofile%\saved games\respawn\apex". Suddenly the game launched (almost blasting my ears with a good old 100% volume). I've been waiting it for 10 minutes to crash and nothing happened, then i decided to restore all of my settings and went to the shooting range. Game graphics felt unusually bad but i was surprised it worked untill i quit to main menu when i faced good old crash. At that moment i knew that this issue has nothing to do with my pc, properties, anti-virus, nvidia settings etc. And then i found this thread saying to turn on certain settings. I am sad and happy that i am not alone.

P.S. Funny thing that it has been a week, and we have no response from support team or devs or anybody else. If the problem was related to the game store it would be fixed in hours. Seems like all they care about is things that you say in chat and selling some limited skins to people that are don't know what FOMO is. Peace for everyone and stay safe. Love you

Message 60 of 111 (828 Views)