Re: i cant plat game on steam

by danisoff

Original Post

Accepted Solution

i cant plat game on steam

★ Novice

I purchased and played on Steam When I press play multiplayer, my game immediately exits to the desktop and no error message pops up.

Message 1 of 4 (259 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Guide

Hello @Astrophysics_995,

Method 1: Run Battlefield 5 as Administrator

Battlefield 5 might crash on your PC due to limited access to game files. Running the game and its launcher as an administrator can resolve this issue. Follow these steps:

1. Locate the Origin Executable:

• Right-click the Origin shortcut on your desktop and select "Properties."
    • Tip: If you don’t have an Origin shortcut, find the executable in the installation folder (default: C:/Program Files (x86)). If you're using Steam, apply the same steps to the Steam executable.
  2. Enable Administrator Privileges:

• In the Properties window, go to the "Compatibility" tab.
    • Check "Run this program as an administrator," then click "Apply" and "OK" to save the changes. Repeat this process for the Battlefield 5 executable.
  3. Launch the Game:

• Open Battlefield 5 and check if it runs properly.

If the issue persists, try the next method.

Method 2: Run SFC Scan

Corrupted or missing system files can cause Battlefield 5 to crash. Running the System File Checker (SFC), a built-in Windows tool, can help:

1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator:

• Press Win + R to open the Run dialog, type cmd, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
  2. Run the SFC Scan:

• In Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.

Wait for the scan to complete. If any problematic system files are repaired, restart your PC and try running Battlefield 5 again. If no issues are found, proceed to the next method.

Method 3: Update the Graphics Card Driver

Outdated graphics card drivers can cause game crashes. Check for driver updates:

1. Open Device Manager:

• Right-click the Start menu and select "Device Manager."
  2. Update the Graphics Driver:

• Expand the "Display adapters" section, right-click your graphics card, and select "Update driver."
    • In the pop-up window, click "Search automatically for updated driver software" and follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest driver.

If Windows doesn’t find any updates, visit the official website of your graphics card manufacturer for the latest drivers. Ensure all device drivers, especially those marked with a yellow exclamation mark, are up-to-date.

Additional Troubleshooting Methods

If the above methods don’t resolve the issue, try the following:

• Stop Overclocking: If you've overclocked your CPU or GPU, revert to default settings.
  • Perform a Clean Boot: This can help identify and troubleshoot conflicting applications.
  • Disable DirectX 12: In Battlefield 5, go to Advanced video settings and turn off DirectX 12.
  • Turn Off In-Game Overlay: Disable the in-game overlay in Origin.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the crashing issues with Battlefield 5 on your PC.

Best regards,

danisoff

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (189 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

Hello @Astrophysics_995,

Method 1: Run Battlefield 5 as Administrator

Battlefield 5 might crash on your PC due to limited access to game files. Running the game and its launcher as an administrator can resolve this issue. Follow these steps:

1. Locate the Origin Executable:

• Right-click the Origin shortcut on your desktop and select "Properties."
    • Tip: If you don’t have an Origin shortcut, find the executable in the installation folder (default: C:/Program Files (x86)). If you're using Steam, apply the same steps to the Steam executable.
  2. Enable Administrator Privileges:

• In the Properties window, go to the "Compatibility" tab.
    • Check "Run this program as an administrator," then click "Apply" and "OK" to save the changes. Repeat this process for the Battlefield 5 executable.
  3. Launch the Game:

• Open Battlefield 5 and check if it runs properly.

If the issue persists, try the next method.

Method 2: Run SFC Scan

Corrupted or missing system files can cause Battlefield 5 to crash. Running the System File Checker (SFC), a built-in Windows tool, can help:

1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator:

• Press Win + R to open the Run dialog, type cmd, and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
  2. Run the SFC Scan:

• In Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow and press Enter.

Wait for the scan to complete. If any problematic system files are repaired, restart your PC and try running Battlefield 5 again. If no issues are found, proceed to the next method.

Method 3: Update the Graphics Card Driver

Outdated graphics card drivers can cause game crashes. Check for driver updates:

1. Open Device Manager:

• Right-click the Start menu and select "Device Manager."
  2. Update the Graphics Driver:

• Expand the "Display adapters" section, right-click your graphics card, and select "Update driver."
    • In the pop-up window, click "Search automatically for updated driver software" and follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest driver.

If Windows doesn’t find any updates, visit the official website of your graphics card manufacturer for the latest drivers. Ensure all device drivers, especially those marked with a yellow exclamation mark, are up-to-date.

Additional Troubleshooting Methods

If the above methods don’t resolve the issue, try the following:

• Stop Overclocking: If you've overclocked your CPU or GPU, revert to default settings.
  • Perform a Clean Boot: This can help identify and troubleshoot conflicting applications.
  • Disable DirectX 12: In Battlefield 5, go to Advanced video settings and turn off DirectX 12.
  • Turn Off In-Game Overlay: Disable the in-game overlay in Origin.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the crashing issues with Battlefield 5 on your PC.

Best regards,

danisoff

Message 2 of 4 (190 Views)

★ Novice
@danisoff its work! thank you
Message 3 of 4 (148 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

No problem @Astrophysics_995, I'm glad I could help.

Best regards,

danisoff

Message 4 of 4 (141 Views)