July 2024 Security Updates
This release consists of the following 139 Microsoft CVEs:
»msrc.microsoft.com/updat ··· 2024-Jul
Ellen098
join:2003-05-04
U. S.

3 recommendations

Ellen098

Was anyone able to download the updates for Windows 10 Pro? I have 4 listed with the first one stuck on 10%, the 2nd one stuck on 20%, & the rest not updating at all even after around 30 minutes. I've also closed & opened the Windows Update window 3 times but that didn't make a difference.

antdude
ANTinator
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by Ellen098:

Was anyone able to download the updates for Windows 10 Pro? I have 4 listed with the first one stuck on 10%, the 2nd one stuck on 20%, & the rest not updating at all even after around 30 minutes. I've also closed & opened the Windows Update window 3 times but that didn't make a difference.

Mine were slow and had a retry a few times, but they came eventually.

Did anyone else not get any e-mails from MS about these security updates?

NICK ADSL UK
MVM
join:2004-02-22
united kingd

2 recommendations

NICK ADSL UK

MVM

all updates successfully installed no issues my end
NICK ADSL UK

2 recommendations

NICK ADSL UK to antdude

MVM

to antdude
no emails received this month at this time

andyross
MVM
Aurora, IL

2 recommendations

andyross to antdude

MVM

to antdude
said by antdude:

said by Ellen098:

Mine were slow and had a retry a few times, but they came eventually.

Did anyone else not get any e-mails from MS about these security updates?

I never rush on these, but they did download and are ready to install a little after booting up the computer this morning. And yes, no email yet, either. I guess the AI that does that is taking a July vacation.
andyross

3 recommendations

andyross to NICK ADSL UK

MVM

to NICK ADSL UK
After the update, my desktop wallpaper was changed to Windows Spotlight. I had to change it back to the plain wallpaper.
scoobyrunner
join:2021-06-25

2 recommendations

scoobyrunner

Same, except only on one of my PCs. I wonder if they run background A/B testing in the normal (not insider) distribution channel? More importantly, how does one opt-out of this?
Ellen098
U. S.

2 recommendations

Ellen098 to antdude

to antdude
Mine eventually downloaded too & were installed after a slow reboot. Since some security updates aren't uploaded on the usual dates, where can I sign up to get email notifications?

andyross
MVM
Aurora, IL

2 recommendations

andyross to NICK ADSL UK

MVM

to NICK ADSL UK
And noticed several computers at work suddenly displaying weather and sports on the Lock screen.
andyross

2 recommendations

andyross to Ellen098

MVM

to Ellen098
said by Ellen098:

Mine eventually downloaded too & were installed after a slow reboot. Since some security updates aren't uploaded on the usual dates, where can I sign up to get email notifications?

»www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ··· ications
»msrc.microsoft.com/blog/ ··· ile-now/

antdude
ANTinator
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude to andyross

Premium Member

to andyross
said by andyross:

And noticed several computers at work suddenly displaying weather and sports on the Lock screen.

Same in my VM. I assume new features.