bbear2
Premium Member
join:2003-10-06
dot.earth

2 recommendations

bbear2

Premium Member

[Firefox] Amazon pages and pics load slowly and laggy

Mostly on Amazon, but it has been on other pages too. Particularly the product images don't show up or take forever to display, if at all. I've tried in Safe mode and the same issue so it's not extensions. At the same time I used another browser and the pages paint perfectly and quickly. While going back to FF shows a very different story. So i don't think its a server moment.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Greenlight Netwo..

1 recommendation

Racerbob

Premium Member

said by bbear2:

Mostly on Amazon, but it has been on other pages too. Particularly the product images don't show up or take forever to display, if at all. I've tried in Safe mode and the same issue so it's not extensions. At the same time I used another browser and the pages paint perfectly and quickly. While going back to FF shows a very different story. So i don't think its a server moment.

Yep. I have the same issues. Firefox is a backup browser for me. Everything works perfectly at Amazon using Chrome and Edge.
markf_48
join:2014-09-22
Brookfield, MA

markf_48 to bbear2

to bbear2
Firefox (Win7) was like this a week ago and seemed to be getting worse. Ended up doing a 'refresh' and it brought it back to life.

Racerbob
Premium Member
Webster, NY

1 recommendation

Racerbob to bbear2

Premium Member

to bbear2
Just checked. Still working ridiculously slow for me. Behavior like this prevents me from using FF as a main browser. It should not be up to us to try to fix browser issues such as this.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

1 recommendation

SparkChaser

Premium Member

Weird. Working fine here FF on Win10 using FIOS

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

1 recommendation

andyross to bbear2

MVM

to bbear2
Also not having any issues. FF 127.0.2 (AdBlock Plus, Bypass Firewalls Clean (D), Facebook Container), Win 10, Comcast.

takeahike
You sure ask a lot of dumb questions
Premium Member
join:2005-01-07
Catacombs

1 recommendation

takeahike to bbear2

Premium Member

to bbear2
Maybe fixed: »[Firefox] Firefox v128.0 available

Racerbob
Premium Member
Webster, NY
·Greenlight Netwo..

Racerbob

Premium Member

I upgraded to this new version. Logging into Amazon was very slow like it has been. However, it seems that once it logged in that the browsing was faster in the website itself.
Racerbob

Racerbob to bbear2

Premium Member

to bbear2
Well I have been trying to use Firefox more. I am using the latest version. However, Amazon issues persist and also some other sites that I visit regularly that I have in my bookmarks take a long time to load. I am not sure at this point if I should try a Firefox alternative such as Librewolf or not. All I know is that when I go to Amazon on on Chrome, every page pops up and loads quickly. Also the other sites that are having issues load quickly.
Bobby_Peru
Premium Member
join:2003-06-16

1 edit

Bobby_Peru

Premium Member

Amazon Galactic Central seems fine in PM 33.2.1 with uBO, nMatrix, and a bunch of other extensions all active.

Long pages heavily infested with apparently big file photos at times are not all instantaneous, at least here with an older machine/graphics processor on W7P, but I wouldn't call it slow. They are also apparently using some sort of scripting to have their victims machines "build" these pages and all that they contain, but that is beyond my pay-grade,

broknsymetry
Futue Te Ipsum
Premium Member
join:2003-06-27
THE VOID

1 recommendation

broknsymetry to Racerbob

Premium Member

to Racerbob
said by Racerbob:

Amazon issues persist and also some other sites that I visit regularly that I have in my bookmarks take a long time to load

Have you tried clearing the cache?

Racerbob
Premium Member
Webster, NY
·Greenlight Netwo..

2 recommendations

Racerbob

Premium Member

said by broknsymetry:

I do that frequently. I am a clean freak when it comes to clearing cookies and cache. Being on a fiber Internet connection here I do not need things stored in the cache.

antdude
ANTinator
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

2 recommendations

antdude

Premium Member

said by Racerbob:

said by broknsymetry:

I do that frequently. I am a clean freak when it comes to clearing cookies and cache. Being on a fiber Internet connection here I do not need things stored in the cache.

Try a new Firefox profile and/or OS profile to see if it still happens.
Bobby_Peru
Premium Member
join:2003-06-16

2 recommendations

Bobby_Peru to Racerbob

Premium Member

to Racerbob
Interestingly, with the older version of Fx 115.8.0 ESR (W7P, older machine) running here, in it's 3rd Window now open just for Amazon testing (2 other windows have lots of _heavy_ tabs running), running NS/uBO/nMatrix plus many more, all seems fine. Long pages infested with scripts loading lots of stuff, load just about as fast as one can scroll down to view them.

Have you tried cycling your machine off/on, then a new profile, then a new install, then cycling again?

Oh the joys of constant updates on both the web and the client side.