Search similar:

uniqs
MoneyT8
join:2014-02-16
California

1 edit

1 recommendation

MoneyT8

Did anyone have any luck with negotiating Fiber 1000 plan?

My promo is about to ran out from $59.99 to $79.99, I tried twice to negotiate to no avail. The reps said they could not see any promos for $20 off, I got lucky last year. Last year, I called during the weekend and the rep just gave me the $20 off and also I got $120 gift card to offset the equipment fee.

Did anyone have any luck with the $30 ACP discount? I have a family member who has that, would I have to use their name for this discount?

Any help would be appreciated.
jm101
join:2011-07-17
Castro Valley, CA
ARRIS BGW210-700
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

3 recommendations

jm101

Unfortunately, they seem to pushing their new "straightforward" pricing. I called retentions recently and the rep basically told me that promotions are more rare now. We are currently at $39.99/month for Internet 1000 (going up to $49.99/month in September and $69.99/month in March 2023).
MoneyT8
California

2 recommendations

MoneyT8

Wow, is that bundle pricing? Well I might consider lowering my speeds to 300/500 mbps plan or just canceling altogether and going with Spectrum. I'll try a few more times before I decide.
scottyd
join:2002-10-23
North Hollywood, CA

4 recommendations

scottyd to MoneyT8

to MoneyT8
Yep, my promo just expired. Mine went up to $90. Used to be $70. I'm considering dropping down to 500/500 which would put me at $75 or so and I would lose HBO Max. No luck with retention dept.
jm101
join:2011-07-17
Castro Valley, CA
ARRIS BGW210-700
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO

9 recommendations

jm101 to MoneyT8

to MoneyT8
said by MoneyT8:

Wow, is that bundle pricing? Well I might consider lowering my speeds to 300/500 mbps plan or just canceling altogether and going with Spectrum. I'll try a few more times before I decide.

Our Wireless and DTV Stream are billed separate. We got lucky because I called right after they introduced the new pricing and the rep was able to schedule a new promotion.

You’ll still probably be better off with AT&T Fiber over Spectrum because of upload speeds.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

1 recommendation

djrobx to scottyd

Premium Member

to scottyd
said by scottyd:

Yep, my promo just expired. Mine went up to $90. Used to be $70. I'm considering dropping down to 500/500 which would put me at $75 or so and I would lose HBO Max. No luck with retention dept.

You should be able to get it to $80. They tried telling me about straightforward pricing, but $90 is more than the straightforward price. Eventually they transferred me to Loyalty who was able to fix it. You'd lose HBO max unfortunately. 500/500 is a better value though.

You’ll still probably be better off with AT&T Fiber over Spectrum because of upload speeds.

If you don't care about upload, Spectrum is offering some nice deals in fiber areas. $39 for 500mbps and $59 for gigabit, for 2 years. I'm sticking with fiber though.
badtlc4
join:2008-01-17
Olathe, KS

2 recommendations

badtlc4 to MoneyT8

to MoneyT8
My area only gets the at&t straight forward pricing these days. I had to cancel and sign up under my wife's name to get the $300 in rewards which helped offset the price increases.

I'll probably do the same thing next year and swap back to my name to get some reward $ again.
Luckygecko
join:2022-05-11

3 recommendations

Luckygecko

said by badtlc4:

My area only gets the at&t straight forward pricing these days. I had to cancel and sign up under my wife's name to get the $300 in rewards which helped offset the price increases.

I'll probably do the same thing next year and swap back to my name to get some reward $ again.

Dang it, I really don't want to get married.

I've had no luck either. Spent about an hour on phone with someone in retention for an unrelated matter and part of the conversation we chatted about it. They said they have nothing to give. He did a couple test orders for me, then he had to cancel, and he could not get any promotion show. He said people threatening to quit do not unlock anything else. He just has to 'sell' them on the value they are already being given.
Agent 86
join:2021-03-01

1 edit

2 recommendations

Agent 86 to MoneyT8

to MoneyT8
The current listed (ATT people call it "straightforward") pricing is very competitive, so I would just get on that and forget about promos.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

3 recommendations

maartena to scottyd

Premium Member

to scottyd
said by scottyd:

I have been at $80 since 2016 which was a "lifetime" price back then - whatever that means in AT&T legalese, and I am still paying $80 today. I could go back to 500/500, but I would lose HBO Max (and no way of ever getting it back because they stopped doing that) and I would end up paying only $10 less.

Moreover, if I do that I lose my current contract with the "lifetime" price, and that $70 may go up to $80 by 2024 or so.

So I am not touching my account, I am fine with 1000/1000 for speed, I use HBO max regularly, and it is more likely that I will move to elsewhere before I decide to change my AT&T account.....
maartena

1 recommendation

maartena to Luckygecko

Premium Member

to Luckygecko
said by Luckygecko:

Dang it, I really don't want to get married.

Unmarried partner or roommate works too. As long as you trust them to be the head of the account and they live at the same address. Technically speaking my wife is the main account holder because her mobile phone is attached to the account, and that works fine for us.

armco
join:2016-04-11
Orlando, FL
ARRIS BGW210-700

2 recommendations

armco to MoneyT8

to MoneyT8
I lost my promos on my last renewal, too. Previously at $49.99. Now, I'm at $69.99 and still get HBOMax.

If I were to cancel/subscribe under another name, it would cost $80 and no HBOMax.

I sure miss the $49.99 & HBOMax days, but it was so cheap for so long that I'm due to pay my fair share.

FYI, our community is serviced with Spectrum (400/20 free via HOA) and Comcast, as well as T-Mobile 5G Home Internet ($50). I don't believe many people are using AT&T here.

gadawg
join:2006-01-27
Louisville, KY
ARRIS BGW210-700

2 recommendations

gadawg to MoneyT8

to MoneyT8
I have one that expires in September. Another in March 2023. Rep told me no more new promos. She advised let the promos expire, then look into dropping my plan to a lower speed. I currently have the ACP discount which she said doesn’t expire. Better to wait because if I downgrade now, I’d lose the other promos. I cannot complain as I’m only paying $20 for internet 1000. By march of next year I’ll be paying $60 if I keep 1000. Drop to 300 then and I’ll pay $25

nadams5755
join:2001-11-13
San Jose, CA

2 recommendations

nadams5755 to MoneyT8

to MoneyT8
i'm moving this month, both addresses have at&t fiber. so it counts as new service for me. i get the new pricing and i lose hbo max in the process.

i just went down to 300/300, since it's sufficient for us and about the same as our old pricing. we might sub for hbo max.

since it's a new install, i get the visa gift card offer again

i haven't tried xfinity/comcast price matching yet, there's enough going on right now
landline
join:2016-07-23

4 recommendations

landline to MoneyT8

to MoneyT8
I pay $35 for AT&T FIBER — INTERNET 500, which includes $30 off per mo Speed Upgrade Loyalty - Ongoing. The normal price is $65.
tonydi
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
San Jose, CA

5 recommendations

tonydi to MoneyT8

Premium Member

to MoneyT8
Earlier in the year my promo ended and I spent almost an hour on the phone talking to a wonderful young woman in Loyalty. We talked about all sorts of things (I think she was just glad I wasn't someone screaming about something) even stuff totally unrelated to AT&T. She essentially said what we've all been led to believe, that promos were over now with the standardized pricing and she was kinda sad because she loved making customers happy by reducing their bills, especially the ones screaming. 😁

My 1Gig Internet had been $39.99 for a long time ("renewed" my promo every year). It went to 59.99 once that all ended as no more promos showed on the billing

Shift forward to May when I cancelled my DirecTV sat service in preparation to go with DTV Stream. On the very next bill my Internet was suddenly 79.99. So I called to ask why since there was no bundle discount on the Internet side any more. Loyalty couldn't quite figure it out. Then she said, well, I see there's a 30.00 promo I could apply to your Internet. WHAT??? She didn't seem to be surprised that it was available and when I said I thought there were no more promos she kinda seemed confused as to why I would think that.

Bottom line, it might not hurt to try and see what's out there.

Astyanax
Premium Member
join:2002-11-14
Melbourne, FL

2 recommendations

Astyanax to MoneyT8

Premium Member

to MoneyT8
One thing I've learned is you have to wait until at least one day after a promo expires before bothering to call about getting another one so that you have the most available to the rep. On August 10th I have a $20 promo on my 1 gig fiber which will increase the price from $39.99 to $59.99. That same day I have a $60 promo ending on U-Verse. So on August 11th I'm going to be making a call.

Has anyone had any luck in getting renewed U-Verse promos?
MoneyT8
California

2 recommendations

MoneyT8 to tonydi

to tonydi
Cool that was internet only, it seems like it all depends on which agent you get.
MoneyT8

4 recommendations

MoneyT8 to Astyanax

to Astyanax
Yeah that's what the agent I spoke to recommend is to wait until after my promo ends than try to call back though their is no guarantee. I'm going to try that.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

3 recommendations

ilikeme to djrobx

Premium Member

to djrobx
said by djrobx:

If you don't care about upload, Spectrum is offering some nice deals in fiber areas. $39 for 500mbps and $59 for gigabit, for 2 years. I'm sticking with fiber though.

Comcast is doing that too around here along with throwing in unlimited data. Must be getting a little desperate. I'll stick with fiber.
badtlc4
join:2008-01-17
Olathe, KS

2 recommendations

badtlc4 to MoneyT8

to MoneyT8
said by MoneyT8:

Cool that was internet only, it seems like it all depends on which agent you get.

It depends on where you live. the vast majority of at&t's areas no longer get any promo pricing of any kind on fiber internet. they have been very clear about this.

Even the tiny amount of areas that can still get some promos will no longer have those options in a few years. they are completely phasing it out. Same with the cashback rewards for new customers. That is available now but as time goes on they will go away. The want to get to the exact same billing structure as Google Fiber.
Ameri_User
join:2007-11-03
Norcross, GA

5 recommendations

Ameri_User to MoneyT8

to MoneyT8
Click for full size
I currently pay $14.99 a month, but my extra $20 discount will expire in October. I guess I’ll have to live with $34.99 a month after that.
MoneyT8
California

4 recommendations

MoneyT8

How did you get it for $14.99?
tonydi
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
San Jose, CA

2 recommendations

tonydi to MoneyT8

Premium Member

to MoneyT8
said by MoneyT8:

Yeah, I'm sure it does. During that long conversation I had the woman said they often had multiple levels of promo amounts and that she always went for the biggest one.....unless you were a jerk and then she'd suddenly be unable to "find" the bigger ones.
Ameri_User
join:2007-11-03
Norcross, GA

3 recommendations

Ameri_User to MoneyT8

to MoneyT8
Right rep right time I guess. My promo had expired, and rates for new plans were $59.99 in my area of Atlanta at the time. Already had an ongoing perpetual $25 off loyalty discount that the rep kept and applied, plus an extra $20 off for a year.

jsolo1
Premium Member
join:2001-07-01
PRIL

4 recommendations

jsolo1 to MoneyT8

Premium Member

to MoneyT8
Click for full size
Got this email this afternoon.

I'm on the $69.99 grandfathered plan from a year or two ago. No gw fee.

Customer service has no information on this increase. She (loyalty) did say i'm enrolled in paperless billing and autopay but it doesn't reflect because i'm on a different rate plan - confusing given it conflicts with whats in the email.

Oh, and no discounts offered either (was paying $39.99 last year).

armco
join:2016-04-11
Orlando, FL
ARRIS BGW210-700

3 recommendations

armco

I received the same notice. I re-checked my AutoPay settings to see if something happened. It is still active. Since it is, I'm going to ignore the notice. I'm on the same rate plan as you are.

Maybe in a few days, one of the tech sites will post a story about AT&T accidentally panicking their existing customers with a rate increase.

jsolo1
Premium Member
join:2001-07-01
PRIL

2 recommendations

jsolo1

Premium Member

Another case of left/right hand disconnection at att. Wouldn't surprise me. Monday am they'll get a memo about this. Still doesn't address if we will or will not get this credit.

Technically i'm still working off a credit from the last 5% credit card category. There is a card on file though.
MoneyT8
California

1 recommendation

MoneyT8 to jsolo1

to jsolo1
I receive this notice as well, confused. So that means my rate would increase by only $5? If we use auto that it would even it out by deducting $5? I guess we'll have to wait and see.
JefferMC
join:2022-01-05
Greenville, SC

2 recommendations

JefferMC to jsolo1

to jsolo1
This is not quite at the level with the fiasco where they send departing U-verse TV customers an e-mail telling them to recycle their equipment. A few days later comes the e-mail to be sure to return their equipment within 21 days or face a $150 non-return fee.