join:2013-10-06
Princeton, NJ
Greenwave FiOS-G1100

4 edits

10 recommendations

Darthgamer64

Altice Fiber discussions

»www.optimum.com/fiber

This forum is dedicated to active discussions on the Altice Fiber rollout, where Altice (French telecom company who bought Optimum) is building out a fiber to the home network to replace the CoAX. The FTTH network will be similar to FiOS, in similar markets BUT it will be IPTV vs RF with Verizon AND it is ONLY where Optimum already exists. You may discuss to your heart's content.
HOWEVER, if you have information on where Altice is doing contruction, or you can order the Fiber service, please let us know on this other forum:
»Altice Fiber Details, Pricing, and Availability

I am not an insider and can only source information available from the press or through fellow community members. If you want to know about your town, we recommend checking if there are fiber taps on the poles or ask one of the Optimum techs in the area what is the timeline on when they will start construction on your town. Customer service reps (store and phone) won't really know. Your best bet are the techs on the field. And then let us know in the page I linked here so the rest of us can be in the know

Darthgamer64

4 edits

13 recommendations

Darthgamer64

Equipment Overview

Click for full size
Click for full size
The provided gateway has a built in fiber port (ONT function). Some users reported a $10/month rental fee. There have been no standalone ONTs (ethernet) reported.

Sources say there could be an Altice One revision with built-in ONT and fiber jack.
tech user manual »fccid.io/2ACJF-FGW-GR240 ··· 4154.pdf
TheLeak3r
join:2017-06-25
united state

2 recommendations

TheLeak3r

Mini Tips if I may.
Don't list pricing, as not advertised yet.
Remove DOCSIS Info as this is fiber topic.
You are being very biased by staying "stuck paying" for unit rental

Also just cause it's on pole doesn't mean customer can get it.

Darthgamer64
Princeton, NJ
Greenwave FiOS-G1100

7 recommendations

Darthgamer64

Right so I have it mapped to statuses:

Deploying: there are fiber taps on the poles
Active: there are some users who can sign up now
Complete: All Optimum served residents in a town can sign up for Fiber.

Some users have reported they can only get the service with the gateway which they must pay the rental fee for. You're right I don't want to sound biased but I'm not sure how to word it. Or should I just omit it altogether?

Appreciate the feedback
TheLeak3r
united state

TheLeak3r

You can just omit all together and just leave rental of gateway is required. If you want create a similar topic to my AlticeOneFAQ.
Add to Active:
Edison

Also Deploying:
Montvale (Facebook For Police) Mention Road closures and detours to Altice Running Fiber as of Jan 2nd
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

1 recommendation

dm145 to Darthgamer64

to Darthgamer64
Your original post was fine! Thanks for the update.
Aaron2001
join:2016-12-31
united state

1 recommendation

Aaron2001 to Darthgamer64

to Darthgamer64

Re: Altice Fiber Details, Pricing, & Availability

»docs.google.com/spreadsh ··· htmlview

^
I abandoned this spreadsheet a long time ago but it still is plebty of towns that you can add to in progress.

Also add fairfield ct to in progress with the othersp
majortom1029
join:2006-10-19
Medford, NY

1 recommendation

majortom1029 to Darthgamer64

to Darthgamer64
I can tell you right now parts of Huntington Long island are being deployed. Park Ave in Huntington has the big grey box on the street and the connectors on the poles.

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

1 recommendation

limegrass69 to Darthgamer64

to Darthgamer64
Most everything in the Norwalk, CT system (Norwalk, Westport, New Canaan, Stamford, Greenwich); along with Southern Westchester (White Plains, Scarsdale, Ardsley, Dobbs Ferry, Mamaroneck, Larchmont, Hartsdale, etc.) have fiber terminals up and look ready to go.
readymix
join:2007-01-03
East Northport, NY

1 recommendation

readymix to majortom1029

to majortom1029
said by majortom1029:

I can tell you right now parts of Huntington Long island are being deployed. Park Ave in Huntington has the big grey box on the street and the connectors on the poles.

True, and according to the verizon man there is Altise fiber lined on my street.
TheLeak3r
united state

4 recommendations

TheLeak3r to Darthgamer64

to Darthgamer64
Here is some "cleaner" pics of the ONT Gateway
»www.optimum.net/FAQ/#/an ··· kw/fiber

Bobcat00
join:2018-09-19
New Jersey

1 recommendation

Bobcat00

"TV and Voice services are not available with Altice Fiber at this time."
trainerbb
join:2017-05-26

1 recommendation

trainerbb

Why is that a shock? They stated for a while there is no IPTV service ready for launch, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they scrap tv all together on the fiber network. Keep it internet only. Up sell some OTT services directly. I wouldn’t even be surprised in a few years they sell rokus, Apple TVs or fire TVs right on optimum.com with OTT services you can put all on one optimum bill.

Cable tv is slowly dying. Get with the times.

Anone522a
@68.198.79.x

2 recommendations

Anone522a to TheLeak3r

Anon

to TheLeak3r
Here's a PDF file of the user manual.

»fccid.io/2ACJF-FGW-GR240 ··· 4154.pdf

Joe
TheLeak3r
united state

1 recommendation

TheLeak3r

said by Anone522a :

Here's a PDF file of the user manual.

»fccid.io/2ACJF-FGW-GR240 ··· 4154.pdf

Joe

Well not so much helpful as everything related to customizing is done on Optimum.net and according to current memeber not currently working at the moment.
Also different board revision as memeber has one that says RF Video LED and this one doesn't have listed but a light.
The manual is more like a tech guide.

Darthgamer64
Princeton, NJ
Greenwave FiOS-G1100

1 recommendation

Darthgamer64 to readymix

to readymix
said by readymix:

True, and according to the verizon man there is Altise fiber lined on my street.

Can you confirm the specific town, Huntington or East Northport?
Also are you able to sign up for fiber yet?
Darthgamer64

1 recommendation

Darthgamer64 to TheLeak3r

to TheLeak3r

Re: Equipment Overview

I'm listing the pricing as it was already mentioned by a source who was subscribed the service. I understand it isn't official or advertised but, I mean nothing in this forum is actual proof lol, just a collection from various sources.

I'm just a firm believer of unifying the official and unofficial specs so average consumers dont have to hunt down the data for relevant info.
Darthgamer64

1 recommendation

Darthgamer64 to TheLeak3r

to TheLeak3r

That pic is helpful but a little fuzzy. I'll leave the current pic only because you can read some of the lettering on the labels.

CGMason14
Nj Roaddog
join:2002-07-22
Mountainside, NJ

1 recommendation

CGMason14 to Darthgamer64

to Darthgamer64
In NJ, add Highland Park and Middlesex Boro to "Deploying". Equipment is up on the poles in both towns.
readymix
join:2007-01-03
East Northport, NY

1 recommendation

readymix to Darthgamer64

to Darthgamer64
said by Darthgamer64:

said by readymix:

Can you confirm the specific town, Huntington or East Northport?
Also are you able to sign up for fiber yet?

East Northport and the Altise foot soldier coming around a few weeks ago didn't know it was up there. So i'd say... no signing up, yet.

Darthgamer64
Princeton, NJ
Greenwave FiOS-G1100

2 recommendations

Darthgamer64

Alright I think I'm up to date. Let me know if I'm forgetting any more guys. Please specify town name and not just borough or county

and if there are fiber taps available/construction OR if you can sign up in that town
TheLeak3r
united state

1 recommendation

to Darthgamer64
said by Darthgamer64:

That pic is helpful but a little fuzzy. I'll leave the current pic only because you can read some of the lettering on the labels.

Ok if you want see if the manual someone posted is a bit clearer.
TheLeak3r

1 recommendation

to Darthgamer64

said by Darthgamer64:

I'm listing the pricing as it was already mentioned by a source who was subscribed the service. I understand it isn't official or advertised but, I mean nothing in this forum is actual proof lol, just a collection from various sources.

I'm just a firm believer of unifying the official and unofficial specs so average consumers dont have to hunt down the data for relevant info.

I would put like not officially confirmed next to it then. As website just mentions Gigabit
VinnySem
join:2018-10-02
Shelton, CT

3 recommendations

VinnySem to Darthgamer64

to Darthgamer64

Any CT cities north of Fairfield? Bridgeport, Stratford, Milford?
Aaron2001
join:2016-12-31
united state

1 recommendation

Aaron2001

You live in Milford, check :P haha look for fiber coils or taps
majortom1029
join:2006-10-19
Medford, NY

1 recommendation

majortom1029 to Darthgamer64

to Darthgamer64
Huntington Long island definitely can be set as deploying.
AAJ
join:2019-02-06

1 recommendation

AAJ to TheLeak3r

to TheLeak3r

The flyer they send out also mentions 200M for $45, but I spoke to two separate sales reps who gave me the 400M and 600M prices. The only caveat I would add is that some of the information they gave me on the phone was wrong, like the hardware was free or I could buy a cable modem (this rep told me I was the first sale for FTTH he had) or that the price of the service would go up $10 a year. My bill says it goes up +$20.
said by TheLeak3r:

said by Darthgamer64:

I would put like not officially confirmed next to it then. As website just mentions Gigabit

Murdoc
join:2016-02-27
united state

1 recommendation

Murdoc to trainerbb

to trainerbb

said by trainerbb:

Why is that a shock? They stated for a while there is no IPTV service ready for launch, and it wouldn’t surprise me if they scrap tv all together on the fiber network. Keep it internet only. Up sell some OTT services directly. I wouldn’t even be surprised in a few years they sell rokus, Apple TVs or fire TVs right on optimum.com with OTT services you can put all on one optimum bill.

Cable tv is slowly dying. Get with the times.

That's not how cable companies keep customers. To spend all this money and not be able to offer an FTTH triple play would be very foolish on Altice's part.
trainerbb
join:2017-05-26

trainerbb

Where did I say they weren’t offering double or triple play? As mentioned they can offer different OTT services. All on one optimum bill. And they don’t need to do any negotiating anymore. Cable tv is dying. Plain and simple. Although thank you to the last of you paying for cable tv still. You are keeping my Internet only monthly price nice and low
AAJ
join:2019-02-06

6 recommendations

AAJ to Murdoc

to Murdoc
Altice Fiber ads mocking Verizon Fios:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· EkHO-Yws

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· -e8gZayE
said by Murdoc:

That's not how cable companies keep customers. To spend all this money and not be able to offer an FTTH triple play would be very foolish on Altice's part.

For now that is how Altice is working, but I was told by the Altice installer the plan is to bring IPTV and VoIP eventually. There will be a separate box required for IPTV, but the Fiber Gateway has telephone jacks.

When I first got Verizon Fios like 15 years ago they didn't even have Fios TV.