Re: Some players are weaker than the AI.

by Rose_Ukki_Cute

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert
@RanzigeRidder2

Oh no, not marksman kills again!
Message 21 of 39 (326 Views)

★ Expert

Marksman kills isn’t hard! There is BSV and even better, G428.

Message 22 of 39 (262 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@GrizzGolf wrote:

So? People are having fun. Let them be bro. 

Unfortunately those 'players' and their 'having fun' is hugely negatively impacting the ability for the majority of the other players on the same team to have fun as well. At least those that want to PTFO and actually win the match.

Message 23 of 39 (230 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Gurz1019_MP 

Hard to kill anyone when enemies dodge bullets unrealistically by sliding, jumping and crouching without any penalties. Hard to kill anyone when your guns are locked behind challenges and necessary attachments are behind huge grinding.

Take an Insurgency Sandstorm for a example of a great game which has done progression and momentum & stamina right. After first 20 soldier rank level everything becomes unlocked. Rest are cosmetic unlocks and purchasing cosmetic items. You're heavily penaltised for jumping-sliding-crouching unrealistically by having slower speed and accuracy penalties.

Message 24 of 39 (198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

I have never understood how playing a game mode to win is not considered fun.  What is not fun is being on a team full of people for a specific game mode that seem to not care at all if their team is victorious. 

This "do whatever you want, sandbox" fake team dynamic is at the top of my list why this series is headed into extinction. 

You don't have to be the best player on the server.  Hell, I know that I never am.  However, is it too much to ask that a person on a Conquest, or any game mode actually pay attention to its objectives and what it takes for the team to be successful at completing them?  

Edit:  This is not exclusive to Battlefield either.  So many great game modes across various games are ruined by player behavior that drags the experience into the dumpster.  

Message 25 of 39 (174 Views)

★ Guide

Glad to find someone who thinks like me, I think the BF series is a game with more freedom on the battlefield compared to other small team shooters etc. I don't think everyone's objectives can be unified due to the large number of players participating at the same time. But is it so difficult to play with the goal of winning? I don't think so. I too sometimes prioritize the efficiency of my own mission over the goals for the sake of the mission (ah, we all have our own ideas about marksman kills). I think it is possible to enjoy playing the way you want to play and still contribute to the goal. If you do that, at least you will not have a lower final score than the AI. Please don't misunderstand the meaning of "freedom."

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Message 26 of 39 (170 Views)

★ Guide
@VOLBANKER_PC Perhaps that is just a "kill with a marksman rifle"? I think the BSV is a little harder to get since a "marksman kill" is earned by making a headshot at a distance of 150m or more. Personally, DXR is the best choice.
Message 27 of 39 (168 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Gurz1019_MP
Any player who understands reviving and spotting will easily be able to outscore the A.I. even if they cannot hit anything with their gun
Message 28 of 39 (133 Views)

★ Guide
@UP_Hawxxeye Yes, it is easy to outperform AI. It is a natural thing for anyone to do. Failure to do so should reflect on your behavior as a player. It is something to be ashamed of. The exceptions are when you join a game in the middle of a match or when a match is decided too quickly!
Message 29 of 39 (114 Views)

★ Guide

Oh, and a little off topic, but in Conquest, a situation where all bases are overrun is usually a team problem. It doesn't matter if the other team has cheaters or not; those who don't PTFO have no say in who wins or loses, but those situations are usually caused by the friendly team not attacking the bases at all. If you have even the slightest sense of involvement in the target, you can defend at least one base closest to the HQ, even if it is against the cheaters.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Message 30 of 39 (110 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help