Re: Infuriating!

by 7bw4z59jxdmi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Disabled EA account

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It’s been about 3 years since I last played battlefield 4 on my ps4. Now I have a ps5 so I bought bf4 (again) and every time I try to boot it I get this stupid “your login credentials have expired” message. It says to enter the web address (seriously long winded address) or scan the QR code (there isn’t one). I’ve tried deleting my bf4 data cache but still get the message. 
Guys!!! This has rendered the game literally unplayable. How can I circumnavigate this bureaucratic idiocy or get financial recompense?

Message 1 of 5 (220 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @7bw4z59jxdmi,

It sounds like your PlayStation is linked to an old or disabled EA account. You can restore this account by resetting the password on it, but if that either doesn't work or you don't remember what the email address is, I'd recommend reaching out to live support about this. They can take a look at this for you.

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Wees aardig voor elkaar | Be kind to each other

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (206 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @7bw4z59jxdmi,

It sounds like your PlayStation is linked to an old or disabled EA account. You can restore this account by resetting the password on it, but if that either doesn't work or you don't remember what the email address is, I'd recommend reaching out to live support about this. They can take a look at this for you.

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Message 2 of 5 (207 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, it is linked to an old account. I no longer have the email address or phone number linked. I’d be happy to start again from scratch but I just can’t launch the game. There’s no live chat option for bf4 so it just suggests re-setting my password, which requires my redundant email or phone number. So it goes round in circles. Is there anyone at EA who can reset my account?

Message 3 of 5 (189 Views)

Community Manager
@7bw4z59jxdmi,

Try selecting EA Account under game support. There are a number of options from there that should give the option to start a chat (especially considering this is an EA account issue anyways).

EA_QueenBeeAHQ.png

Message 4 of 5 (175 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, there’s no options that mean anything for me. No way to chat to a human. Just the same old search forums. I’m a bit tired of trying to find an answer. It’s just an endless loop of hyperlinks. I’m afraid that’s just typical of modern customer services. Your tech support think they’re doing a great job coz there’s no way to leave negative feedback and I just get more frustrated. Nobody is listening 

Message 5 of 5 (171 Views)