NOOB ALERT! HELP PLZZsentiment_satisfied

nutz_4_lego's Avatarnutz_4_lego7/8/24 7:03 am
7/13/2024 8:55 am
Smile17's AvatarSmile17
I just downloaded minecraft and this is my first time. i started playing in survival mode? but i couldn't get it? what all should i do then? i mean what i'm i supposed to do? i'm getting hungry and there is no apple or thigs nearby only some chicken and pig, and tress ofc, what is the order in which i have do things in it?
nutz_4_lego
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

Smile17
07/13/2024 8:55 am
He/Him • Level 9 : Apprentice Crafter
I can help you if you want I play minecraft since about 4 years and i know a lot of usefull stuff.
Fates
07/13/2024 5:25 am
He/Him • Level 50 : Grandmaster Procrastinator Artist
Well, for a moment I thought you was joking, but if you're not, then you will need to learn a lot, since a lot of people here already said some things to you, then I don't think I have so much to say, I learned some things of Minecraft through the tutorial world for the Legacy Console Edition, which was in the Xbox 360, I remember it was a very fun tutorial and it teaches a lot of things, unfortunately it was only for that version, it could have something similar to Java and Bedrock edition, also, you should search about the Java and Bedrock editions, and all their differences, so you can choose the version that better suits you.
nutz_4_lego
07/13/2024 8:18 am
He/Him • Level 1 : New Explorer
well erm that was the most professional reply ever got
thx :)

PS: I'm using JAVA Edition
Papa Enny
07/10/2024 12:11 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Scapegoat Dwarf
find a village at day, at night hide in a mud hole
nutz_4_lego
07/11/2024 4:56 am
is there any way to switch to morning immediately, i hate night thou, i died x20 times at night and only 5 times during day 'cuz of lava:|
ScotsMiser
07/13/2024 5:55 am
Level 42 : Master Miner
https://minecraft.wiki/w/Commands/time also https://minecraft.wiki/w/Daylight_cycle may be useful

Rereading your posts I'm not clear whether you're in java or br [the /time set option works quite differently between the two]
/time set day in java will put you at 1000 ticks into the day (~50 seconds after the player would have exited a bed) but will also set the day counter to ZERO

/time set (current day number+1)*24000+1000 will set the time to 1000 ticks into the next day
/time set (current day number+1)*24000 will set the time to the next day at the point where a player would exit the bed

Note: cheats must be enabled for commands to work.
nutz_4_lego
07/13/2024 8:15 am
i'm using java n' it's workin' thx, i see the mobs on fire right before my eyes :)
ScotsMiser
07/11/2024 8:08 pm
Alternately, make a furnace and start smelting logs to charcoal (more furnace fuel and for torches) , then mine through the night…

You will want a bed though (touch it to reset the insomnia counter that controls spawning of the Mojang Orbiting Bed Bullies {aka, MobB / phantom})
Papa Enny
07/11/2024 10:30 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Scapegoat Dwarf
don't do it, you will ruin your day streak. Just kill some sheep, punch a wood and make a bed
Milako
07/10/2024 10:27 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
About the food:
You can have apples with some chance if you will break the leaves of the tree, and about chickens and pigs, first, you need to craft a furnace, then get some wood or coal, then kill animals, and with the wood/coal you just got, cook the meat in the furnace.
IF YOU WANT MORE INFO, TELL ME!
nutz_4_lego
07/10/2024 11:58 am
history
is there any cheat? for getting apple without deforestation. or will i get an apple if i break leaves of any tree?
ScotsMiser
07/10/2024 7:11 pm
history
Apples drop only from Oak and Dark Oak leaf blocks (1 chance in 200 base, the Fortune enchantment will increase).
[​Yes, this is not realistic,… but it's been in the game forever. (Possibly because 'apple' is also the default English word for fruit, and Persson is not a native English speaker.)]

Apples are renewable (as is wood and leaves) by replanting trees. (Leaf blocks have a 1 in 20 chance of dropping a sapling for taht kind of tree {except jungle leaves where this is about 1 in 40}).
Plant the sapling (use it on dirt, grass, and some other blocks) and it will (given enough light, time, and space) grow into a tree.

Aside from cheats (creative mode or commands) one can also get apples from trading with farmer villagers.

More detailed info is available on the wiki q.v. https://minecraft.wiki/w/Tutorials/Tree_farming
nutz_4_lego
07/11/2024 4:58 am
it's my third day n' i found a village, but the farmer want 3 emeralds (all i have). so i stole some carrot n' ran away. can i grow crps like that...like the villagers do??
ScotsMiser
07/11/2024 8:11 pm
Yes, you need a hoe which is used on grass or dirt (and some other blocks) to turn them to farmland.

Farmland needs to be not more than 4 blocks from water (source or flowing) to hydrate (Hydrated farmland isn't strictly necessay, but makes crops grow faster and avoids teh chance of returning to dirt.)

See https://minecraft.wiki/w/Tutorials/Crop_farming for a more extensive discussion.
TheRedDemon
07/10/2024 9:34 pm
He/Him • Level 26 : Expert Procrastinator Procrastinator
history
nerd (Learn rocket science kids it makes you better at minecraft)
ScotsMiser
07/10/2024 9:35 pm
Ahhhh-HEM!
That's UBER-nerd…
TheRedDemon
07/10/2024 9:38 pm
He/Him • Level 26 : Expert Procrastinator Procrastinator
NERRRDDD
zMqrine
07/10/2024 10:23 am
She/Her • Level 38 : Artisan Creeper Warrior
First, in my opinion, you should make a basic mud hut out of dirt. Place a pole above the treetops on it so that it is visible.

Then collect 3 pieces of wood, it can be any type you find. Make planks out of them. Process the boards into a crafting table and put it on the ground. Convert the remaining planks into one boat. My mathematical calculations show that after making the crafting table and the boat, you will be left with three pieces of wood. Find three sheep in the area and collect 3 flowers (the same!). From the slaughtered sheep you will get raw meat and wool. Make a dye from the flowers you have obtained. Dye the wool with dyes.

This is important if you have not found wool of the same color, because you cannot make a bed with different colored wool. Go back to the crafting table and make a bed out of three planks and three wools. Place them and craft them in the dugout.
nutz_4_lego
07/10/2024 12:05 pm
erm, but what is boat for, how to mount on or row in?
ScotsMiser
07/10/2024 6:58 pm
history
[​java version, br boats are different]
Enter a boat by 'using' it — default is right mouse button
Exit by sneaking — default is shift

While in a boat, moving the mouse moves the player view but does not affect the boat.
Move the boat with
♦ forward — default is W
♦ back — default is S
the boat facing/direction is rotated by
♦ right — default is D
♦ left — default is A

q.v. minecraft.wiki/w/Boat

Side note:
Making a boat early on is probably not especially useful unless you spawn in near a large body of water (which is fairly likely).
If there is a large ocean nearby, boats are a fast (and comparatively safe) way of exploring that does not deplete hunger, but one needs to be aware of bubble columns and drowned.
nutz_4_lego
07/10/2024 12:08 pm
i build a hut ofc, rn i'm learning how to make a door and that stick with fire
Team UNNAMED
07/10/2024 10:18 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Creeper
history
WEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOO

also the first thing you should do is download Revolve | Java Edition it's a masterclass of a texture pack
nutz_4_lego
07/10/2024 12:03 pm
it looks kinda old bruh, i've seen it in eaglercraft
Team UNNAMED
07/10/2024 4:18 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Creeper
1. its supposed to match the older textures, in a jappa style
2. if some textures do look old, it's not our fault
3. DONT BRUH US
4. EaglerCraft?
nutz_4_lego
07/11/2024 4:54 am
1. got it
2. yeah got that too
3. erm, sry
3. don't u know? even a noob like me knows
GoggleD0GG
07/08/2024 10:24 pm
He/Him • Level 50 : Grandmaster Dragon Necromancer
Glad you've joined our blocky world!! Just a fun tip, try experimenting in creative mode. You can do anything you want there and you'll have full access to everything in the game.

Recipes and things like that eventually become like muscle memory, trust me.

Hope you have fun, check out what ScotsMiser said too.
nutz_4_lego
07/10/2024 9:45 am
Thx a lotttt
ScotsMiser
07/08/2024 10:20 pm
Welcome to Minecraft

One resource you may find very useful is https://minecraft.wiki [​often refered to as the wiki although there are a great many similar sites].
WARNING: this (and similar sites) contain many 'spoilers' in terms of various recipes, builds, and detailed explanations of rules.

The turorials index is notc perfectly up to date, but will contain much of the sort of thing for which you are asking. Pay particular attention to the Newcomer Survival section.

The Your_first_10_minutes tutorial differs somewhat in detail and order from my usual initial actions, but is a good general overview of things one will want to do 'early'.
nutz_4_lego
07/10/2024 9:46 am
great, it's fun though, i learned many things from here

Welcome