Control Bar Pro v 1.2

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1xezon Apr 23 2021, 21:15 PM
The Original

Control Bar Pro

Version 1.2

> Download

> Images

ReadMe.txt file is included with instructions.

There are different download presets available for different resolutions:
3840x2160
2560x1440
1920x1080
1600x900
1280x720

It is recommended you pick the package that matches or is close the resolution that you have set in the game. The Control Bar is the same in all download packs, however the text scaling and texture size is adjusted for resolutions.

All native game languages are supported:
Brazilian
Chinese
English
French
German
Italian
Korean
Polish
Spanish

It may take some matches to get used to the new sizing. All ingame icons and windows are smaller. Control Bar Pro production icons are just a bit larger than icons in Command and Conquer Red Alert 3, 1920x1080. If you have difficulties to see icons, then either move eyes closer to Monitor, buy larger Monitor or stick with original Control Bar.

This addon is best used in Combination with Control Bar HD to upscale all Control Bar icons as well.

> Control Bar HD Download

This addon has been created by FAS and xezon. It has been a pleasure to work with FAS on this project. This addon maybe does not look like much, but the time spent with this project is certainly respectable.

If you want to leave a tip for our work, you can do that via the GenTool PayPal Account.

Enjoy.

Control Bar Pro:

Attached Image

Original Control Bar:

Attached Image

Legacy Development Topic

Control Bar Pro Modding Tutorial

This post has been edited by xezon: Dec 17 2022, 19:50 PM

Clan: MENTAL

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 2FlameIORI Apr 23 2021, 21:54 PM
Awesome! biggrin.gif
big thanks to all who contributed to make this Control Bar Pro

Clan: WwW.

+
# 3FAS^Fox^SF- Apr 23 2021, 22:07 PM
QUOTE(xezon @ Apr 24 2021, 00:15 AM) *

If you want to leave a tip for our work, you can do that via the GenTool PayPal Account. All tips will be split with FAS. Maybe he can then send us pictures on how he invested money in Vodka and Kalashnikov and made big party in Siberian Forest fighting lousy bears. (Please add a note to PayPal mentioning Control Bar Pro)

xD

+
# 4MTKing Apr 23 2021, 23:44 PM
Beautiful

+
# 5Moliere Apr 23 2021, 23:55 PM
Nice but what exactly do we have to download among the 3 links, and how to enable it ?

+
# 6SeriouslySerious Apr 24 2021, 07:06 AM
Big Quality

+
# 7cncHD Apr 24 2021, 07:47 AM
Wow! that is some seriously serious work. Very well done, looks great !!!

+
# 8~JoKeR~ Apr 24 2021, 09:31 AM
Amazing work.

Clan: WbG

+
# 9cncHD Apr 24 2021, 10:49 AM
QUOTE(xezon @ Apr 23 2021, 21:15 PM) *

Control Bar Pro

If you want to leave a tip for our work, you can do that via the GenTool PayPal Account.

Attached Image

+
# 10-Netput Apr 24 2021, 11:44 AM
Awesome work. Stuff like this keep communities alive

Clan: Prisoners Of War

+
# 11Goauld Apr 24 2021, 15:01 PM
I installed and tried the control bar and everything works nice and crisp. Except when I launch ZH through the .exe for the control bar it brings back the main menu background video with the ship, which I have normally deactivated. And it also causes the player window in game to slide in slowly when pressing Tab and not to pop up instantly, like when I launch the game with the regular .exe

I don't know if I have something wrong configured or if there is a fix for this or not? Or is it possible to launch ZH with the control bar pro through the normal .exe?

And thanks for the nice work smile.gif

+
# 12FAS^Fox^SF- Apr 24 2021, 15:19 PM
QUOTE(Goauld @ Apr 24 2021, 18:01 PM) *

I installed and tried the control bar and everything works nice and crisp. Except when I launch ZH through the .exe for the control bar it brings back the main menu background video with the ship, which I have normally deactivated. And it also causes the player window in game to slide in slowly when pressing Tab and not to pop up instantly, like when I launch the game with the regular .exe

I don't know if I have something wrong configured or if there is a fix for this or not? Or is it possible to launch ZH with the control bar pro through the normal .exe?

And thanks for the nice work smile.gif

it is possible to start as in the old version of the mod (In the properties of the shortcut you need to add -mod ControlBarPro.big -forcefullviewport and add the file to ../Documents/Generals Zero Hour Data/)

Attached File ControlBarPro.zip
Size: 4.14mb
Number of downloads: 355
Player Name Side Team

+
# 13xezon Apr 24 2021, 15:42 PM
From ReadMe.txt file:

CODE
CUSTOMIZATIONS

+ Edit launcherControlBarProZH\commandline.txt
  to append custom command line arguments to executable.

I do realize, maybe not everyone knows what command line means. I can improve ReadMe.txt file to explain better.

This post has been edited by xezon: Apr 24 2021, 15:51 PM

+
# 14xezon Apr 24 2021, 15:44 PM
QUOTE(FAS^Fox^SF- @ Apr 24 2021, 17:19 PM) *

it is possible to start as in the old version of the mod (In the properties of the shortcut you need to add -mod ControlBarPro.big -forcefullviewport and add the file to ../Documents/Generals Zero Hour Data/)

Attached File ControlBarPro.zip
Size: 4.14mb
Number of downloads: 355
Player Name Side Team

This approach works too, but is not compatible with GameRanger. Please note the old version FAS posted may not have all the latest fixes and may cause issues when used.

+
# 15Goauld Apr 24 2021, 17:53 PM
QUOTE(FAS^Fox^SF- @ Apr 24 2021, 15:19 PM) *

Alright, it works now as before. Thanks FAS smile.gif
Interestingly i didn't need your file. Adding the -mod part to the shortcut was sufficient. just creating a shortcut was sufficient. Sorry was just my mistake forgetting it lol
It works through a shortcut as planned with -quickstart -forcefullviewport as before, without -mod. Starting directly from the generals.exe however, it somehow doesn't with the same edits -quickstart -forcefullviewport in commandline.txt.

This post has been edited by Goauld: Apr 24 2021, 18:19 PM

+
# 16A5SA5SIN Apr 25 2021, 00:19 AM
i looks nice

+
# 17MeRRy! Apr 25 2021, 03:18 AM
Thank you for this!

So for 1366x768 resolution is better to download 1280x720 right?

Clan: Legends at War

Game: 8bit Armies, Hordes and Invaders

+
# 18xezon Apr 25 2021, 08:20 AM
QUOTE(Goauld @ Apr 24 2021, 19:53 PM) *

Alright, it works now as before. Thanks FAS smile.gif
Interestingly i didn't need your file. Adding the -mod part to the shortcut was sufficient. just creating a shortcut was sufficient. Sorry was just my mistake forgetting it lol
It works through a shortcut as planned with -quickstart -forcefullviewport as before, without -mod. Starting directly from the generals.exe however, it somehow doesn't with the same edits -quickstart -forcefullviewport in commandline.txt.

commandline.txt works correctly. Proxy launcher also accepts command line arguments from native command line: So you can create shortcut to proxy launcher and add -quickstart, and it will append this command to the commands that are already in commandline.txt

The original intent of this launcher was to enable windowed mode in GameRanger, because GameRanger does not allow command lines natively. So without this launcher, you cannot use -forcefullviewport which makes the whole exercise useless.

QUOTE(Peace Lover @ Apr 25 2021, 05:18 AM) *

Thank you for this!

So for 1366x768 resolution is better to download 1280x720 right?

Yes for 1366x768 you can use the 1280x720 preset. It should be fine.

+
# 19-DoMiNaToR- Apr 25 2021, 18:39 PM
Just tried this for the first time. Very nice work.

Some things do feel a bit weird but I guess it will take time to adjust, then going back will probs feel awful.

Some things that feel odd or just that i noticed:

some icons and screens feel squashed - defeated screen for example, i think all unit icons too look to have aspect ratio changed?

promotions screen - things are smaller and therefore harder to click on, less room for error when playing quickly

promotions icon - seems way smaller, may affect competetive play, less room for error when needing to click it fast

DC screen - room for text is tiny compared to before, i guess it doesnt need a massive space, just feels odd at first glance.

unit icons - obviously smaller, less room for error when clicking them, also position changed so where you might naturally gravitate towards on the screen to click a particle cannon for example, now you need to think for a sec (for those not using hotkeys).

There's probs some other stuff i noticed but i forgot.

Overall its a huge improvement.

This post has been edited by -DoMiNaToR-: Apr 25 2021, 20:22 PM

+
# 20Moliere Apr 25 2021, 18:48 PM
Very good but I'm slightly annoyed at the "idle worker" button being smaller than it used to be. Will it appear bigger if I download for 3840x2160 resolution although my screen is a 1920x1080 ?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)