STEAM GROUP
Steam Community Market CmMkt
IN-GAME
Founded
December 12, 2012
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
johnc Jun 18, 2014 @ 4:43pm
Buy Orders
Post any feedback or questions about buy orders here.

Edit: Buy Orders are now active for all items!
Last edited by Drunken F00l; Jan 12, 2016 @ 5:41pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 1,230 comments
Red Inferno Jun 18, 2014 @ 4:46pm 
When is this going to be a live feature? I only see it available on HL2 cards.
Last edited by Red Inferno; Jun 18, 2014 @ 4:46pm
h2tt Jun 18, 2014 @ 4:51pm 
what will the buy order be used for i just noticed it now?
Last edited by h2tt; Jun 18, 2014 @ 4:51pm
<cR1Me> Jun 18, 2014 @ 4:59pm 
It's a nice idea but I want to be able to see who I'm buying from. There are hundreds of level 0 accounts that are only used as bots for buying and selling and I don't want to feed them with my money...
h2tt Jun 18, 2014 @ 5:01pm 
yeah i sorta agree i wanna see who im buying from and i also wanna see were my listed item is were i sell i dont want it take forever as i cant see the selling prices. i could also lose money from this cause someone could of just listed cheap and i cant see it and id wind up listing under that price.
Lalee Jun 18, 2014 @ 5:08pm 
Yeah... First I was happy to see this, then I noticed that there are no listing... List is a must, put it back please.
Megative Jun 18, 2014 @ 5:15pm 
This feature is extremely helpful. Bots will make less money by sniping underpriced items but it would be bad if you could buy order for ANY item like Unusual or expensive Stranges. So as long it stays for commonly traded items like Steam Cards, keys, tickets etc.
This would be best update so far for Steam Market.
Ps: because I mainly play Team Fortress 2 I don't have any clue about other items on different games.
MacDuro [0x0] Jun 18, 2014 @ 5:22pm 
Not bad feature , it will help to finish those bots , but I think that it will be cool if you can add a range of prices in your order instead just one price ...
dav3 Jun 18, 2014 @ 5:22pm 
Switch the price quantity tables the other way round - people buying at x amount at price y on the left, and people selling at z on the right. Confused me at first.

A depth chart would be useful too. After that an api that allows trading bots.

Pressing buy opens a modal window which covers the price and quantities, allow it to be moved or put it inline in the page.
Zeigy Jun 18, 2014 @ 5:29pm 
Originally posted by <cR1Me>:
It's a nice idea but I want to be able to see who I'm buying from. There are hundreds of level 0 accounts that are only used as bots for buying and selling and I don't want to feed them with my money...

You have no choice. Steam has essentially given everyone the power of the bot. So now that no bot has an advantage pure market forces of supply and demand will reign supreme.
[H]ertZ Jun 18, 2014 @ 5:32pm 
This will be very unfair for the dynamic of market community, If someone wants to buy 50 things less than the price the others will only see that guy buying everything without work...

This for me is a bad idea/feature, that will ruin the market...
Blood and Bone Jun 18, 2014 @ 5:37pm 
Originally posted by <cR1Me>:
+1 :bbtcat:
<cR1Me> Jun 18, 2014 @ 5:47pm 
Originally posted by Zeigy:
You have no choice. Steam has essentially given everyone the power of the bot. So now that no bot has an advantage pure market forces of supply and demand will reign supreme.
I have no doubt that someone will come up with another script to bypass others and get priority on cheap listings, so why make their method public instead of trying to find a way to prevent it? The way I see it is that they want to change how the market works by replacing the current listing system with these buy/sell orders and I can't see any way where this would work out fair for everyone, now it's more like a silent auction where the person who's willing to spend the most wins.
techfreak101 Jun 18, 2014 @ 5:54pm 
I'm kind of confused how this works. The lowest price goes to the highest buyer?
<cR1Me> Jun 18, 2014 @ 6:00pm 
Originally posted by techfreak101:
I'm kind of confused how this works. The lowest price goes to the highest buyer?
Basically yes, the highest bidder gets priority on lower listings
Sifd Jun 18, 2014 @ 6:03pm 
question: if something sells for lets say 2$ and there are NO OTHER buying orders, so I put an order up for 1.8$ because I dont have more money. after a day people join in on wanting to buy under the price and they put up orders of 1$. sooo if someone comes around and sells it for 1$ who will get the item?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 1,230 comments
Per page: 1530 50