STEAM GROUP
Steam Community Market CmMkt
STEAM GROUP
Steam Community Market CmMkt
IN-GAME
Founded
December 12, 2012
I may be under threat of an account phishing HELP!
I need to know if I'm screwed or not. I was stupid enough to click a "Steam" link a new steam friend sent me asking me to review a workshop creation he/she supposedly made. I clicked it and it took me to a legitimate looking steam page where I needed to login. I typed and entered my account name and password and then it sent me to the steam guard verification, My account is Steam Guard secured with the mobile app but I didn't verify the login, I noped out and thus didn't enter the verification password. I then did a little digging and found out that the account was impersonating a popular CS2 workshop creator and promptly unfriended and blocked the account.

I'm afraid of logging out and I'm not sure if Steam Guard saved my skin or if I'm screwed or if I need to take action to make sure I'm safe.

Please help quick.

EDIT: I have changed my password but I don't know if I'm secure or not. Just somebody please respond, I won't be able to sleep tonight if I don't get to know if I'm safe.
P.S. I'm still active as of 00:22 am central european summer time (CEST). My online status is just invisible, I wanted to see if anything happens (nothing most likely, I'm not good with this cyber security bs).

EDIT 2: No one responed after two hours, I'm going to gamble with my account and just log off and go to bed praying my account is safe.
Last edited by Nisse #FixTF2; Jun 28 @ 5:18pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
well, nothing happens now, but when U will have funds in your Steam wallet, he will use your money to buy cheap items listed for sell by his account - overpriced, so he can get your funds, or if have expensive skins in inventory he might want to send trade offer at his account,
U can write a ticket to Steam Support and they will help U with account security :steamthumbsup::2016trophy:
Originally posted by pantihose ™:
well, nothing happens now, but when U will have funds in your Steam wallet, he will use your money to buy cheap items listed for sell by his account - overpriced, so he can get your funds, or if have expensive skins in inventory he might want to send trade offer at his account,
U can write a ticket to Steam Support and they will help U with account security :steamthumbsup::2016trophy:
So changing my password did nothing?
U can change e-mail, too
Works fine with Gmail from mobile phone, too
And if necesary again your password :2016trophy:
Some private settings for inventory.. too many curious eyes to see what U have ...
Okay thanks
asha* Jun 29 @ 1:35pm 
If you login on * legitimate looking steam page* then nothing will be happened
ohh, i forgot to unsub .. i guess all Community will come to spam here
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50