STEAM GROUP
Steam Labs SteamLabs
STEAM GROUP
Steam Labs SteamLabs
IN-GAME
Founded
May 29, 2019
Search still needs some MAJOR QOL enhancements.
While I appreciate that you basically allow any given developer to publish on Steam, with the lack of quality control the store page is now filled with 100s if not 1000s of sub par "spam" making it almost impossible to find something reasonable on a regular basis. The search needs to provide better controls of getting rid of this fluff.

Use Cases: I want to find decent quality Co-op games released in the last 2 years. I want to see the most played multiplayer game between $10-$15 dollars. I want to get rid of anything that hasn't been reviewed yet / low # of reviews.

Date Range:
Self Explanatory.

Price Range:
While the Free to Play toggle is nice, having no minimum on the price filter is currently a travesty. This will practically get rid of 90% of the general spam. Additionally, the Min Price should apply to original price and not the sale price.

Minimum # of Reviews:
Minimum Review Quality:
These are good additions to the above 2, but also be helpful when you are really are looking for low cost / free to play games that could get otherwise filtered with the above. In addition, this helps weed out review spammers with a low number of Overwhelmingly Positive reviews for example. Bonus for an added checkmark to remove review played time < 10 mins.

Minimum mins/hours Played (all users):
This is the total of mins played among all users and ideally would match the time frame of your Date Range filter. Not to be confused with play time per session or per user. Bonus for an added checkmark for hours played among friends.

This has multiple uses to spot things like review bombs or otherwise questionable activity. If something has 10,000 reviews but less than 100 hours of total play time that's a clue something is probably amiss. Likewise, if a game is rated negative but has 1000s of hours of play time, that might indicate a recent bomb which the user can make up their own mind about.

Playtime, if done well, could also be expanded into multiple advanced filters with some careful consideration. Such as min average playtime per user adjusted to typical game length, etc.

---

Obviously some of these would ideally SORT options as well.
Last edited by NoCopy; Jun 28 @ 2:49pm