Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic

Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic

View Stats:
Cash crops and New production?
With the Biomes DLC on the steam shop for a while now how about introducing some more agriculture? I don't know about the vanilla, desert ,or tundra maps but maybe for tropical maps you can grow sugar, tobacco, and coffee or even cocoa, that can be exported on its own or to use as a component for a new product?
Speaking of products maybe a new factory is in order such as canneries or furniture factory so those boards have another use aside from export or construction material?
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Khorm Jul 10 @ 8:04am 
I do feel like we could at least differentiate crops used for food from crops used for clothes...
Would love some more types tbh. Apples and fruits were a big thing in Soviet Union. Not to mention... POTATOES!!!
I strongly agree with this, it would be great for agriculture to be given a comprehensive overhaul, with different crops having different production cycles, environmental requirements, and outputs (food crops, but also textile crops like flax, cotton).
Originally posted by Khorm:
I do feel like we could at least differentiate crops used for food from crops used for clothes...
Would love some more types tbh. Apples and fruits were a big thing in Soviet Union. Not to mention... POTATOES!!!

They grow apples? in the warmer places or like in central Asia? Also potatoes are a hardy crop it'll be suited in tundra regions.

Originally posted by Polkovnik Berezin:
I strongly agree with this, it would be great for agriculture to be given a comprehensive overhaul, with different crops having different production cycles, environmental requirements, and outputs (food crops, but also textile crops like flax, cotton).

Not gonna lie, I was holding back this query before I decided to post it since the game is already complex as it is (for me).

Your response reminds me of rice, since it's a staple crop in the tropics and how it requires a different system compared to what I presume in the base game is wheat it may or may not be preferable to consume it on its own unlike bread but it would also require a news production line , planting and harvesting and all the works.
Yes having different production cycles would be an interesting addon especially in different biomes.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50