Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic

Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic

View Stats:
how to edit the workshop map without losing achievements
I downloaded an interesting map from the workshop, but when I went to play it didn't have any natural resources, in addition to the borders being poorly positioned, but when I edited the map it lost the achievements, making it useless to play on that map.
Originally posted by Silent_Shadow:
Originally posted by Foweraind:
I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or some update removed this function, as the game doesn't allow me to save the map in landscaping mode.
Seems like autosaves no longer happen in this mode either, but me@*****'s method works too.

A somewhat different method is discussed here, but it should work for a fresh save on the map you want to edit.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
You can always start a save on it, enable cheats, then landscaping mode, and then make a save. This will create a WIP map you can edit in the Terrain Editor. Once you're happy with it, you can start a game on it as usual and get achievements on it.
MrKrabs Jul 9 @ 2:34pm 
That´s handy to know for I often like to change any map to my preferences.
Haven´t find a map yet which I wouldn´t like to chage a bit exept the one I´m playing on atm.

(Salmon Valley)
Originally posted by Silent_Shadow:
You can always start a save on it, enable cheats, then landscaping mode, and then make a save. This will create a WIP map you can edit in the Terrain Editor. Once you're happy with it, you can start a game on it as usual and get achievements on it.
I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or some update removed this function, as the game doesn't allow me to save the map in landscaping mode.
me@***** Jul 10 @ 5:24am 
I simply copy the map's workshop folder into the save_terraineditor folder and rename it.
Then I open the main menu, select Workshop and then Map Editor, load the map, modify it and save it again under a new name.
Then I start a new game and select the new map.
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
Originally posted by Foweraind:
Seems like autosaves no longer happen in this mode either, but me@*****'s method works too.

A somewhat different method is discussed here, but it should work for a fresh save on the map you want to edit.
Last edited by Silent_Shadow; Jul 10 @ 5:49am
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50