Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic

Workers & Resources: Soviet Republic

View Stats:
Why does every single building have a road connection??
It's absurd. Imagine walking down a street and every building connects to a single road with their own direct roads that you need to turn into. Instead of just having a few parking lots, or parking spaces, every single building has it's own dedicated entrance road. It ruins the game for me.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 54 comments
Toblm Jul 8 @ 6:14pm 
Except for the buildings that dont....
Anything that doesnt need deliveries can be without road connection.
More residences, and most culture buildings come to mind.
Don't connect the roads on residential buildings or any other building that doesn't need vehicles like schools, sports halls, universities etc. they only need a footpath connection to work.
Originally posted by Toblm:
Except the game is clearly flawed in it's design when it comes to road connections. You can't even attach bus stops to the sides of roads, you need to delete the road and replace it with a bus station lol.
Toblm Jul 8 @ 7:55pm 
Originally posted by COWABUNGA:
Except the game is clearly flawed in it's design when it comes to road connections. You can't even attach bus stops to the sides of roads, you need to delete the road and replace it with a bus station lol.
You can absolutely loop in bus stops...
Simple as placing the bus stop along side of the road and connecting it in.

Seems like what you've described is a failure of imagination rather than any failure on the part of the game.

Seems like what you've described is a failure of imagination rather than any failure on the part of the game.
Hahahah what??? Have you ever played a logistics game before? This is the first time I've seen one that doesn't have any form of road snapping for buildings like bus stops. It should be as simple as putting a sign down next to the road, without needing to build additional infrastructure to account for the lack of the game's functionality. Not only that, but why are roads and footpaths so rigid?? It's near impossible to make a symmetrical set of roads and footpaths, everything seems to want to snap in 5° angles, even with "near snap" disabled.
Stele Jul 8 @ 7:59pm 
At the begining road connection was needed for service vehicles. Some buildings are leftover from that time to not break people saves just for cleanup.
Originally posted by Stele:
At the begining road connection was needed for service vehicles. Some buildings are leftover from that time to not break people saves just for cleanup.
Oh god. ♥♥♥♥ their ancient saves, optimise the game already.
Toblm Jul 8 @ 8:01pm 

Hahahah what??? Have you ever played a logistics game before? This is the first time I've seen one that doesn't have any form of road snapping for buildings like bus stops. It should be as simple as putting a sign down next to the road, without needing to build additional infrastructure to account for the lack of the game's functionality. Not only that, but why are roads and footpaths so rigid?? It's near impossible to make a symmetrical set of roads and footpaths, everything seems to want to snap in 5° angles, even with "near snap" disabled.
Not all bus stops go on roads. The better ones do not.

Deal. Or don't. Your loss.
Last edited by Toblm; Jul 8 @ 8:01pm

What?
Toblm Jul 8 @ 8:44pm 

What?
Exactly what I said.
I was not unclear.
Last edited by Toblm; Jul 8 @ 8:45pm
Most bizarre complaint I've ever read for this game. I literally cannot comprehend how it would ruin the entire game for someone.
Originally posted by Dummkopf:
Most bizarre complaint I've ever read for this game. I literally cannot comprehend how it would ruin the entire game for someone.
Because I've experienced significantly better from other transportation games?
Not only that, but building infrastructure is literally the entire point of the game??? So it being subpar is a little frustrating to say the least.
Road infrastructure is certainly one of the game's weaknesses – it is functional, but it doesn't shine as brightly.

What you have said about bus stops is true, they are frustratingly not something that can be placed as an afterthought. Like most of the game's mechanics, with experience you will know – in the planning stage of an area – to place the appropriate bus or other stops.
Mansen Jul 9 @ 12:09am 
Most buildings do not in fact REQUIRE road access - once built - But having them speeds up construction, so construction vehicles won't have to use the footpath connection you've made.
Originally posted by Polkovnik Berezin:
Road infrastructure is certainly one of the game's weaknesses – it is functional, but it doesn't shine as brightly.

What you have said about bus stops is true, they are frustratingly not something that can be placed as an afterthought. Like most of the game's mechanics, with experience you will know – in the planning stage of an area – to place the appropriate bus or other stops.
Thank god someone understands what I'm talking about. Can you give me why you enjoy playing the game? So I have something that will keep me going...
< >
Showing 1-15 of 54 comments
Per page: 1530 50