Death Squared

Death Squared

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
SMG Studio  [developer] Mar 13, 2017 @ 6:22pm
DS Bugs Megathread
Please let us know any bugs in this thread - include platform, description.
Last edited by SMG Studio; Mar 13, 2017 @ 6:22pm
Originally posted by ThreeStep:
@Azarmpas you seem to have a corrupted save now, same as I had here - https://steamcommunity.com/app/471810/discussions/0/1696095260991596324/

I solved it by stopping the cloud synchronization in Steam, then deleting my save, and starting a new game. Then I resumed cloud synchronization and next time I launched the game I told Steam that I want to use local save.

You lose your save file as a result, but at least the game launches again.

Devs should really add a way to deal with this without having to jump through so many hoops. I stopped playing the game for 3 months before I figured out the save trick, because I though it's just completely broken.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 179 comments
sciwilliam Mar 16, 2017 @ 9:20pm 
Controllers not working. They register as being used in game, but they won't do anything
SMG Studio  [developer] Mar 16, 2017 @ 10:29pm 
Originally posted by sciwilliam:
Controllers not working. They register as being used in game, but they won't do anything

What kind of controllers are they?
Chiehko Mar 17, 2017 @ 9:09pm 
Controllers are not working for me as well. I plugged in four xbox controllers and only player one was movable. I tried connecting and disconnecting multiple controllers and it didn't work. The best that I could do was plug in one controller and control three boxes at once. I could control two boxes with one controller and then another box with WASD.

I think that a keyboard/controller configuration would be a nice implementation in the settings menu. It would be nice to set key bindings this way.
assad Mar 19, 2017 @ 12:00am 
I've got a similar issue happening:

1) Plug in all available controllers (3 in total - Xbox 360, PS3, PS3 Playmax)
2) Start game (note the 2 gamepads on the top RH corner) - enter party mode...
3) Using the keyboard I can control two blocks, WASD + arrow keys.
4) I can control the same block with arrow keys + the Xbox 360 controller.

Result: The PS3 controllers arent getting picked up at all, I have all the appropriate drivers installed, they are functional in other games.

I really want to play this with 4 players.
This game looks awesome! Good job!
SMG Studio  [developer] Mar 19, 2017 @ 3:59pm 
hey guys. we're looking at this now. Assuming this is all on PC's? vs Macs?
SMG Studio  [developer] Mar 19, 2017 @ 5:43pm 
We can identify an issue with PS3 controllers. PS4 and Xbox One work well (even together).
Testing now on Xbox 360 controllers and seeing what we can do about PS3. It does see them just wont allow any input
SMG Studio  [developer] Mar 19, 2017 @ 6:35pm 
Originally posted by Chiehko:
Controllers are not working for me as well. I plugged in four xbox controllers and only player one was movable. I tried connecting and disconnecting multiple controllers and it didn't work. The best that I could do was plug in one controller and control three boxes at once. I could control two boxes with one controller and then another box with WASD.

I think that a keyboard/controller configuration would be a nice implementation in the settings menu. It would be nice to set key bindings this way.

are those 360 or Xbox One controllers?
assad Mar 19, 2017 @ 6:48pm 
Originally posted by SMG Studio:
hey guys. we're looking at this now. Assuming this is all on PC's? vs Macs?

If this helps:

CPU: i7-4720 2.6ghz
RAM: 16GB
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 M200X

Thank you for looking into this.
Hope you guys resolve this soon ;)
Last edited by assad; Mar 19, 2017 @ 6:48pm
SMG Studio  [developer] Mar 19, 2017 @ 8:54pm 
hey EZonx. Can you email us so we can bug bash this? We're having trouble getting our PS3 controllers to work at all. All the other controllers are fine. Xbox 360, PS4, XB1, Steam
SMG Studio  [developer] Mar 19, 2017 @ 8:57pm 
Also have ordered a Playmax controller $18! to test also.
assad Mar 19, 2017 @ 10:45pm 

Thank you for your dedication in solving the problem, I'm pretty certain whatever profit the studio got from a single steam sale was used purchasing the controller. I've emailed SMG-Support about the issue.
SMG Studio  [developer] Mar 21, 2017 @ 3:56pm 
Originally posted by ezonx:

Thank you for your dedication in solving the problem, I'm pretty certain whatever profit the studio got from a single steam sale was used purchasing the controller. I've emailed SMG-Support about the issue.

Haven't received any email? Can you check again
Chiehko Mar 24, 2017 @ 8:12am 
Originally posted by Chiehko:

are those 360 or Xbox One controllers?

I used Xbox 360 controllers on PC.
Vidrak Mar 25, 2017 @ 3:03pm 
Using Steam Controllers on Windows 10 OS. All controllers control player 1 only, and cannot move player 2. Are there any fixes for this? Would really like to try the game out.

EDIT: Just kidding, Steam update fixed it. Really wished Steam would not update daily and actuallyauto-update correctly. Problem is sovled after updating, would recommend others to update and change over to Steam client beta, as it could solve these issues. Keep up the good work!
Last edited by Vidrak; Mar 25, 2017 @ 4:05pm
SMG Studio  [developer] Mar 26, 2017 @ 8:54pm 
Originally posted by Vidrak:
Using Steam Controllers on Windows 10 OS. All controllers control player 1 only, and cannot move player 2. Are there any fixes for this? Would really like to try the game out.

EDIT: Just kidding, Steam update fixed it. Really wished Steam would not update daily and actuallyauto-update correctly. Problem is sovled after updating, would recommend others to update and change over to Steam client beta, as it could solve these issues. Keep up the good work!

Phew! my job here is done!

Ash@SMG
< >
Showing 1-15 of 179 comments
Per page: 1530 50