Divinity: Original Sin 2

Divinity: Original Sin 2

View Stats:
% Chance to Hit is a load of crap
I love this game. But my god is it annoying to see 95% and miss as often as I do. That means i'm rolling multiple 1's on a D20 in EVERY fight. Don't get me started on 86%. Might as well have evasion up at that point.

Same exact ♥♥♥♥ happened in BG3, but had a bigger impact on fights in BG3.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
BOT Jul 8 @ 5:48pm 
yes .. because you are not suppost to atack with basic auto-atacks..
you should spamm abilities into the enemys face.

espacialy the early game you will miss a lot auto-atacks.
Jenka Jul 8 @ 7:40pm 
Yep "miss" mechanic never implemented in the right way. But you can always take Hothead talent and boost 10% of your accuracy. Which means you'll have 105% chance and never misses as long as you have full vitality.
Venom rune in your neck slot also gives accuracy.
Or go mages. You can never go wrong with mages.
Take always a look at accuracy, i always try to stand over 105% generally using venom rune on the neck, i try to choose always item with rune when possible...
ARCHION Jul 9 @ 4:21am 
I'm grateful for the tips, but I hate that it just lies like that. You miss when the game wants to make the fight harder or last longer, i swear.
Sometimes enemies hit you with status that low down companions accuracy, could be that sometimes?
ARCHION Jul 9 @ 7:02pm 
Originally posted by marco.misuri:
Sometimes enemies hit you with status that low down companions accuracy, could be that sometimes?

Nah, its just the game being the game. 95% to hit and i'll miss more than 95% would suggest. Out of 100 attacks i'm missing probably 20 at 95%. At 86% i'm missing at least 50% of the time. It's larian's biggest weakness, math.
Senki Jul 9 @ 8:29pm 
just use peace of mind on every character, doesn't need any crazy investment and will always give you 100% accuracy along with some nice stats and the benefit of clearing some debuffs as well
It is the actual chance lol, it doesn't lie, you just, like any human being with human instincts, focuses more on the misses than the hits.
ARCHION Jul 10 @ 10:09am 
Originally posted by abaoabao2010:
It is the actual chance lol, it doesn't lie, you just, like any human being with human instincts, focuses more on the misses than the hits.

No it's not. 95% chance means if you roll ANYTHING other than a 1 you hit. It should not happen as much as it does in this game or in BG3. It's always been an issue they never resolved because they didn't care about it. But its ALWAYS been an issue.
Originally posted by ARCHION:

No it's not. 95% chance means if you roll ANYTHING other than a 1 you hit. It should not happen as much as it does in this game or in BG3. It's always been an issue they never resolved because they didn't care about it. But its ALWAYS been an issue.
Well, let's put it this way. If you actually counted rather than going by your faulty memory, you'll notice that the chance is pretty accurate as long as you count enough hits.
BOT Jul 10 @ 1:21pm 

the only time you miss a lot is against those silent monks..
thats it..
Originally posted by BOT:

the only time you miss a lot is against those silent monks..
thats it..
They have a high base dodge chance. Hit them with oil, chill or a root effect and they’re no harder to hit than anything else.
Only time I miss is against enemies with dodge or when I use a weapon that's higher level than I am.
Peace of Mind (pyro 1) increases accuracy by 20%
Crossbows increase accuracy
Slowed (any oil), crippled, chiled, shocked -30% dodge. Entangled -70% dodge. Stunned, frozen, petrified -100%.
There's always something preventing enemies to have that 5%.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50