Divinity: Original Sin 2

Divinity: Original Sin 2

View Stats:
Unable to upload saves into Steam Cloud when playing via GeForce NOW
I mostly play on my local PC, but sometimes I want to play on my MacBook via GeForce NOW.
When I launch the game through GeForce NOW, it downloads the saves from Steam Cloud that I made on the local PC without any problems, but at the end of the game it does not upload the saves that I made on GeForce NOW to Steam Cloud.
I think the problem is that the game loads saves into Steam Cloud only after closing, but GeForce NOW immediately after closing turns off the virtual machine and Steam does not have time to load saves into the cloud.
Perhaps someone knows how to solve this problem?
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
BOT Jul 8 @ 6:21am 
when you start geforce now then their comes a pop-up and says "still playing" just press yes and play.. or is their no pop-up?
otherwise you have to open an ticket to geforce now..

i play since a couple weeks with geforce now too. and it works fine.. you can just open up the game.. it always says it the cloud version and my geforce now version are differnt.. just ignore the pop-up and continue and play.
Dreamer Jul 8 @ 6:33am 
Originally posted by BOT:
when you start geforce now then their comes a pop-up and says "still playing" just press yes and play.. or is their no pop-up?

i play since a couple weeks with geforce now too. and it works fine.. you can just open up the game.. it always says it the cloud version and my geforce now version are differnt.. just ignore the pop-up and continue and play.
There are no pop-ups when opening a game in GeForce NOW. When I open a game in GeForce NOW, Steam checks that all saves from the cloud are loaded and launches the game.
But when I open the game on my local PC, I get a pop-up message "You played Divinity: Original Sin 2 on "GEFORCE-NOW" (Today at 12:10 PM), and that save is not yet in the cloud. (upload not started)" - if I ignore it, then there are no saves on the local PC that I made in GeForce NOW.
BOT Jul 8 @ 9:04am 
Originally posted by Dreamer:

There are no pop-ups when opening a game in GeForce NOW. When I open a game in GeForce NOW, Steam checks that all saves from the cloud are loaded and launches the game.
But when I open the game on my local PC, I get a pop-up message "You played Divinity: Original Sin 2 on "GEFORCE-NOW" (Today at 12:10 PM), and that save is not yet in the cloud. (upload not started)" - if I ignore it, then there are no saves on the local PC that I made in GeForce NOW.

open steam.. Right click on the game - Properties/Options - General - Steam Cloud - Activate slider

also if i am not wrong and i understand it correctly.. you playing once on your computer and once on geforce now.

could it be that if you play on geforce now the computer on wich you play is a total different one ?
so if you come back at home and open steam there are no files for steam to search. if i am not wrong.. i could be mistaken.
otherwise sry.. i am out.. you have to open an ticket to steam and geforce now.
Cooper Jul 8 @ 9:55am 

иди на ♥♥♥♥♥♥ от сюда сын шллюхи
Dreamer Jul 8 @ 10:02am 
open steam.. Right click on the game - Properties/Options - General - Steam Cloud - Activate slider

also if i am not wrong and i understand it correctly.. you playing once on your computer and once on geforce now.

could it be that if you play on geforce now the computer on wich you play is a total different one ?
so if you come back at home and open steam there are no files for steam to search. if i am not wrong.. i could be mistaken.
STEAM CLOUD -> Keep games saves in the Steam Cloud for Divinity: Original Sin 2
This option is enabled and turning it off and then on again does not solve the problem.
I can launch the game on my MacBook (without GeForce NOW), make a save, exit the game and Steam will upload the save to the cloud. After that, I can open the game on my PC and there will be a save from the MacBook, I will make a save from the PC, close the game and Steam will upload it to the cloud. After all this, I will go into the game through GeForce NOW and there will be both saves from both the MacBook and the PC. But when I make a save through GeForce NOW, it won't go to the cloud.
I think that saves made on GeForce NOW do not go to the cloud because Steam uploads saves to the cloud after closing the game, but GeForce NOW turns off the virtual machine immediately after closing the game and Steam MOST LIKELY does not have time to upload saves to the cloud.
GeForce NOW support has not yet responded to me with anything useful; they just forwarded my request to the technical department. Therefore, here I hope to find someone who has encountered the same problem and found how to fix it.
Last edited by Dreamer; Jul 8 @ 3:32pm
BOT Jul 8 @ 3:11pm 

STEAM CLOUD -> Keep games saves in the Steam Cloud for Divinity: Original Sin 2
This option is enabled and turning it off and then on again does not solve the problem.
I can launch the game on my MacBook (without GeForce NOW), make a save, exit the game and Steam will upload the save to the cloud. After that, I can open the game on my PC and there will be a save from the MacBook, I will make a save from the PS, close the game and Steam will upload it to the cloud. After all this, I will go into the game through GeForce NOW and there will be both saves from both the MacBook and the PC. But when I make a save through GeForce NOW, it won't go to the cloud.
I think that saves made on GeForce NOW do not go to the cloud because Steam uploads saves to the cloud after closing the game, but GeForce NOW turns off the virtual machine immediately after closing the game and Steam MOST LIKELY does not have time to upload saves to the cloud.
GeForce NOW support has not yet responded to me with anything useful; they just forwarded my request to the technical department. Therefore, here I hope to find someone who has encountered the same problem and found how to fix it.

i think it does go to the cloud, but its Playstation and not computer.. if i am not wrong you cannot play one file on the other devices.
just because you can play the game on different devices does not mean that the savegame-file is connected on all platforms.

But their are tools to take the savegame file from playstation and convert it for pc and then just put the file into the folder at your computer.. that would work.. but if you ask me wich tool. i dont know

let me quote
"
Keep in mind that not all games support save file transfers, and some titles may have specific restrictions. Additionally, newer PlayStation games (PS4, PS5) do not typically allow save data transfer between platforms. Unfortunately, transferring save files directly from a PC to a PlayStation game like “Divinity: Original Sin 2” (DOS 2) is not straightforward. If you encounter any issues, consult game-specific forums or guides for more precise instructions.

Playing “Divinity: Original Sin 2” (DOS2) simultaneously on both a computer and a PlayStation is not directly supported.
"

do you log in when the larian luncher starts? or do you play as guest/skip it ? maybe that could fix it.. ??
Last edited by BOT; Jul 8 @ 3:17pm
Dreamer Jul 8 @ 3:20pm 
i think it does go to the cloud, but its Playstation and not computer.. if i am not wrong you cannot play one file on the other devices.
just because you can play the game on different devices does not mean that the savegame-file is connected on all platforms.

But their are tools to take the savegame file from playstation and convert it for pc and then just put the file into the folder at your computer.. that would work.. but if you ask me wich tool. i dont know

let me quote
"
Keep in mind that not all games support save file transfers, and some titles may have specific restrictions. Additionally, newer PlayStation games (PS4, PS5) do not typically allow save data transfer between platforms. Unfortunately, transferring save files directly from a PC to a PlayStation game like “Divinity: Original Sin 2” (DOS 2) is not straightforward. If you encounter any issues, consult game-specific forums or guides for more precise instructions.

Playing “Divinity: Original Sin 2” (DOS2) simultaneously on both a computer and a PlayStation is not directly supported.
"

do you log in when the larian luncher starts? or do you play as guest/skip it ? maybe that could fix it.. ??
My situation has nothing to do with PlayStation.
Last edited by Dreamer; Jul 8 @ 3:26pm
BOT Jul 8 @ 3:26pm 
did you not say console ? i mean dont say Xbox now.. it is pretty much the same their.

PS = play station ??
Last edited by BOT; Jul 8 @ 3:28pm
Dreamer Jul 8 @ 3:31pm 
I will make a save from the PS, close the game and Steam will upload it to the cloud.
PS
It was a typo, I meant PC - Personal Computer
BOT Jul 8 @ 3:33pm 
I will make a save from the PS, close the game and Steam will upload it to the cloud.
PS
It was a typo, I meant PC - Personal Computer

well then i have no clue.. sorry.. i taught you trying to get the savegame file work on the playstation.. good luck
Dreamer Jul 8 @ 3:35pm 
well then i have no clue.. sorry.. i taught you trying to get the savegame file work on the playstation.. good luck
Thanks for trying to help
Dreamer Jul 13 @ 11:13pm 
If someone has the same problem and finds my topic, I will leave my solution.
It was not possible to solve the problem in GeForce NOW, judging by other topics that I found, they know about the problem, but they do nothing.
That's why I simply changed GeForce NOW to Boosteroid ( https://boosteroid.com ) - they have a good implementation of closing the game session, it closes when you want it and thanks to this, Steam manages to upload saves to the cloud.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50